Scandal Joffa Corfe facing child sex charges (board rules apply)

Veer Right

Premium Platinum
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
This is where you loose all respect. If allegations are true throw the book at him but lump in "true, he supports Collingwood" suggests you are implying that this is a common thing with Collingwood supporters. Be akin to the latest allegations of a pedophile ring operating within St Kilda club and saying true, they support St Kilda.

If these allegations are true, for one it doesn't make Joffa a pedo as that would mean he was after primary school aged children. The law says a 14 year old legally cannot consent and for that he's going to prison if found guilty. There are tons of dudes right now in there 20s and 30s hooking up with 16 year olds and nobody bats an eyelid. Doubt this 14 year old wanted to hook up with a bogan 45 year old dude so Joffa is a creep if found guilty.

As for Colingwood my gripe is the extreme irony that's going on here. All happy to go all out after Milne chanting false accusations when your most well known supporter and club advocate if found guilty will be a sex offender himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 5, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
If these allegations are true, for one it doesn't make Joffa a pedo as that would mean he was after primary school aged children. The law says a 14 year old legally cannot consent and for that he's going to prison if found guilty. There are tons of dudes right now in there 20s and 30s hooking up with 16 year olds and nobody bats an eyelid. Doubt this 14 year old wanted to hook up with a bogan 45 year old dude so Joffa is a creep if found guilty.

As for Colingwood my gripe is the extreme irony that's going on here. All happy to go all out after Milne chanting false accusations when your most well known supporter and club advocate if found guilty will be a sex offender himself. You only have to take one look at your average Collingwood follower to see the bottom rung of the human evolution scale.
another general dig from you "You only have to take one look at your average Collingwood follower to see the bottom rung of the human evolution scale.'. Take your bullshit generalization elsewhere. Irony?. Your the one sprouting ironic views.

300Weatherby

Cancelled
Apr 12, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
GCS & Bianchi Cup
His ex teammates are fully behind him such as Riewoldt, Montagna and Hayes. I think your a weasel coming on the internet talking trash like it's the truth.

Bullshit, I know exactly what the vast majority of his ex teammates think of him, he is such an ordinary person, absolute scum. Anyone who defends him is also scum and clearly has zero respect for women. Is that you?

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

What? What is the age of the victim where one becomes not a pedo but only a creep?

Veer Right

Premium Platinum
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
What? What is the age of the victim where one becomes not a pedo but only a creep?

Go to school, get an education, then read a dictionary. The goal is to comprehend the actual meaning of a word and what people are saying to you. I am calling Joffa a potential creep because it's highly unlikely whatever may have happened was consensual. If it was, then no label required from my end, he broke the law, he's going to prison, the end. Still don't understand? Read the first sentence.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Go to school, get an education, then read a dictionary. The goal is to comprehend the actual meaning of a word and what people are saying to you. I am calling Joffa a potential creep because it's highly unlikely whatever may have happened was consensual. If it was, then no label required from my end, he broke the law, he's going to prison, the end. Still don't understand? Read the first sentence.

That is genuinely quite funny, thanks for the laugh.

MagpieJo

Premium Platinum
Nov 30, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I doubt very much that Collingwood had any idea about this when handing him an award last year. All clubs love their supporters, and anyone as passionate, present and distinctive as Joffa is always going to grab some attention. The big sparkly jacket is as recognisable as 'Cat man' for example.
One thing is for sure though, the Pies have well documented issues with racism, assault, illegal gambling and drugs. I cant think of any which the club have handled well, so its going to be hard for them to stand up and take the moral high ground.
I agree with your first sentence.
When our players have been arrested for fighting, it makes me cringe, but in numbers I don’t think we are any worse than any other club. The gambling thing both times was sheet stupidity, I don’t get gambling at all so I can’t really comment if other teams are just hiding it. As for I’m assuming you mean recreational drugs, that is a generational problem, certainly not just my clubs problem, and when you have Mark Thompson and his charges out there I’m not sure you should be on a soapbox.

As for racism, it exists in all reaches of society, when Eddie made his stupid proud comment, he meant we are a club trying to do something about it, not we are the only club this happens at. It needs to be fixed, nation wide. Worldwide. Of course the media delighted in making it something it was not, and forced him to quit, disgusting behaviour, but it sells papers, go them.

As for Joffa I am gobsmacked. I’ve converse with him, taken donations to his home, and I have at least 5 pics of him with my kids taken at the yearly kids days. Back then there were no working with children permits, but who knows how long ago these claims were made? there is no way in hell Collingwood can be blamed for any of this. Did they cut him loose last year because they were warned? He also made that awful comment about Indian call centres.

Very little good press has come out about my club this year, it’s been a year of hell! I’m sure your club will make it even worse next week for me, your fans are the ones I loathe the most at live games! I’d prefer Adelaide or Richmond fans anyday. But my arse will be in my seattil the bitter end!

Just when we think we have hit bottom the hits keep coming this year, but we will weather the storm, side by ducking side! Cheers!

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
Don't know enough about it, but hopefully the right outcome is reached when it goes to court. Sad to see so many historical sexual assault allegations coming to light in this day and age.

Curnivore

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Even though he comes across as a bit of a bogan nuffie.

The consensus I got from people that met/knew him was that he was a good bloke.

:/
I think if you had a secret as dark as that you’d try and come across as a good bloke too. There are millions of people who cheat on their wives or husbands then turn around and act like spouses of the year for the next few months because of the guilt they carry, trying to justify internally that they are a good person.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think if you had a secret as dark as that you’d try and come across as a good bloke too. There are millions of people who cheat on their wives or husbands then turn around and act like spouses of the year for the next few months because of the guilt they carry, trying to justify internally that they are a good person.

Ted Bundy came across as a good bloke to many of his friends.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Running away to Asia or wherever the “super fan” never miss a game attention whore ran to , is/was a dead giveaway.
Fiji, which is a strange place to move to as there wouldn't be many employment opportunities there outside tourism and maybe fishing you'd think

GWT6

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2011
Western Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne

As for Colingwood my gripe is the extreme irony that's going on here. All happy to go all out after Milne chanting false accusations when your most well known supporter and club advocate if found guilty will be a sex offender himself. You only have to take one look at your average Collingwood follower to see the bottom rung of the human evolution scale.
You seem to be saying that there is no real problem with a 14 year old being with a 45 year old if it is consensual, only that there is a law that says you cant, but personally you think it is ok. If that is the case, you have a serious problem that needs to be looked at.

Tbonefreo

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2013
Wagga
AFL Club
Fremantle
You seem to be saying that there is no real problem with a 14 year old being with a 45 year old if it is consensual, only that there is a law that says you cant, but personally you think it is ok. If that is the case, you have a serious problem that needs to be looked at.
Seems to have similar interests

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
They're right in so far as if this is true, Joffa isn't a pedophile, he's an ephebophile. Doesn't roll off the tongue, but it's accurate. Whether or not it changes your view on the guy, I don't care. Personally anything below 18 is creepy and wrong, I don't give a s**t what the age of consent is in any other country.

Back