Current Joggers being murdered in North East USA

Remove this Banner Ad

If it's a serial killer they must either be a traveller or have enough money and time off for the travel. Not convinced they are linked.

Young women, outside and alone. Yep, serial killer the only possible link. In fact, the killer may be responsible for hundreds, if not thousands, of killings over the last course of human history.

You are all so confident they aren't linked. How common is it for a female to be murdered going jogging in NE USA then?

The 'Detroit' woman was shot dead in a rural area (wasn't actually in Detroit).

The New York woman was sexually assaulted and strangled in a high socioeconomic city area.

The Princeton woman was assaulted, strangled and then set alight in a high socioeconomic city area.

I'm no expert but I've always thought that serial killers had a 'MO' type thing, where they committed similar crimes each time. I guess you could consider the possibility the killer used a gun in the rural area (not likely to raise suspicion due to local hunting being common) and then went for a different method in city areas where gunshots would raise alarm. Seems unlikely though. Maybe the last 2 should be examined for links.

I have a read some speculative articles from profilers etc, who say that joggers could be chosen because they often wear headphones etc, so they are able to be snuck up on. But also the attacker has to be pretty fit themselves, as (a general rule of thumb anyway) you'd expect people who exercise regularly to be reasonably fit.
The speculation also seems to suggest that there is a chance New York/Massachusetts are worth looking at similarities between, but the girl in Michigan wasn't even really considered as a similar incident.

I had a big bowl of corn flakes this morning. Murdered that mothergoose. I guess that makes me a cereal killer.

I'll see myself out.
661381.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They aren't related in the slightest if you take 5 minutes to read about them. Just the media desperate for a new serial killer and taking advantage of the fact readers swallow everything they say without thinking for themselves

I heard about the murders when it happened, the cops still dont have any leads or suspect in mind. Initially I thought it was a serial killer and both case were related but now not too sure about that

Here's the latest:

“This won’t be solved easily,” the law enforcement official said, explaining that the most promising initial lead — DNA evidence quite likely from the assailant — had not helped identify a suspect. The DNA evidence was found on Ms. Vetrano’s hands, her throat and her cellphone, the official said. But when a profile developed from the DNA at the crime scene was searched against the DNA profiles of known offenders, it did not result in a match.

That suggests that Ms. Vetrano’s killer has had little contact with the police in recent years. “It’s not a previously known assailant,” said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the investigation was continuing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back