Rumour Johannisen offered big money to join the Suns in 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was just on the Gold Coast over the bye weekend so who knows maybe there could have been checking the place out?

Might feel like he has achieved his main goal of winning a flag and now he is thinking of his future which isn't a bad idea.

Could be true, like I said if the cashola is foremost on his agenda, you can't blame any player for thinking that

Can't see the attraction of playing there, GAblett on the way out, coach on his last legs. Would be career suicide IMO

Unless of course he is only motivated by the ca$h

Gold Coast has a lot to look forward to in terms of their players' futures (for now). It wouldn't be that bad playing for them, not all is bad.

Crows into him big time and he will be traded at year end (not necessarily to the Crows).

Fallen out with another dogs star and will not be resolved, one has to go and Johaniesen is the one.

Crows into him big time and he will be traded at year end (not necessarily to the Crows).

Fallen out with another dogs star and will not be resolved, one has to go and Johaniesen is the one.

Why would Adelaide be into him though? They have an abundance of outside running halfbacks. Smith, Laird, Hampton , Seedsman etc

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he goes, it's obvious something has happened with him and Stringer for starters. He was holding his daughter in the grand final parade last year and they were always hanging out, as I've got them all followed on social media and they seemed inseparable.

Can't say I've seen either one in the others social media since the beginning of the year. Could all be coincidence/speculation but just seems really strange.

Personal issues + money elsewhere, can't blame him. Wonder what we get for him?

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he goes, it's obvious something has happened with him and Stringer for starters. He was holding his daughter in the grand final parade last year and they were always hanging out, as I've got them all followed on social media and they seemed inseparable.

Can't say I've seen either one in the others social media since the beginning of the year. Could all be coincidence/speculation but just seems really strange.

Thinking perhaps JJ took the other side in Stringer's relo split? Missus follows the ex a lot (she loves the snaps of the kids) and looks like JJ still gets a look in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking perhaps JJ took the other side in Stringer's relo split? Missus follows the ex a lot (she loves the snaps of the kids) and looks like JJ still gets a look in there.
Yeah that's what I was thinking.

Seemed it was a messy breakup nonetheless so there was always going to be sides taken. Surely it has to be part of his unwillingness to sign on at this point.

Wonder what we get for him?
We have four second round picks this year so I'm sure we could accommodate if the rumours are true. So the story goes that he's had a fall out with Stringer and was on the Gold Coast the week before last when the Dogs had the bye? Rumour sounds plausible, particularly if he has no intention of returning to Perth.

We have four second round picks this year so I'm sure we could accommodate if the rumours are true. So the story goes that he's had a fall out with Stringer and was on the Gold Coast the week before last when the Dogs had the bye? Rumour sounds plausible, particularly if he has no intention of returning to Perth.
I have heard that it'll be WA or Vic but I think the truth of the matter is nobody really knows anything about this situation.

Apparently Chris Grant has stepped in to continue negotiations with him, being a former club great that turned down the money in the name of the team.

With respect to Grant, Johannisen has done things that Grant was unable too, so it's probably an unfair move.

And why would he be holding Stringers daughter? Didn't Stringer split with his partner?

And why would he be holding Stringers daughter? Didn't Stringer split with his partner?

They split later on (although according to social media they had split and were just keeping it a secret at that point). JJ and stringer were obviously close enough for JJ to be looking after stringer's daughter in a separate car at the parade.

I'd rather JJ then Stringer if I was a dogs fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back