News John Barker resigns - Post #447

Remove this Banner Ad

If barker gets the GC head coach job... Who should be our main target for our midfield/ stoppage assistant coaching role, to take over from Barker.

Left field thought. How would Dale Thomas go? Or if coaching is his ambition is it better for all if it was at another club?

I'd be chasing hodge really hard

If barker gets the GC head coach job... Who should be our main target for our midfield/ stoppage assistant coaching role, to take over from Barker.

Left field thought. How would Dale Thomas go? Or if coaching is his ambition is it better for all if it was at another club?
McVeigh?

I doubt Ratts would move to Queensland
Rumour has it that Ratts was looking at property in QLD about this time last year. Maybe he would entertain a move north for a chance of a coaching role.

Stevie J...
The most punchable head in football besides Ballentyne? I would say no!

As branedotorg said, I would be chasing Hodge really hard. But word is that he is looking at a media spot!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another bump!
I was going to bump the assistant coaches thread, but I wanted to make it clear how long this has been a problem for. It's also a very clear thread title, that certain individuals will notice.

Is it true he's been with us since 2011?
Yes, and his entire coaching career (including his time at Hawthorn) has been marred by the line he is responsible for performing poorly while he is in charge of it. At Carlton, he's been in charge of all three sections of the field during his time here, and he's been in the midst of what... three list rebuilds?

At this point my working theory is that he keeps getting a gig for two key reasons:

1. He keeps track of the overall team strategy better than most coaches.
2. He doesn't piss people off.

In a sport that has a bit more money to throw around for the coaching staff, he'd make a decent senior assistant, but it's clear to me that he shouldn't be in charge strategy or tactics for any part of an AFL club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back