Past Coach John Blakey - will not be continuing at North in 2024 - Thanks John

Coaches of the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers. I’ve never heard anything like that in the media before. People give Robbo grief but he’s got nothing on this lot. Roo pretty much runs Adelaide F.C too and he sounds like an idiot.

Is this show popular in Adelaide?
Not sure but is an idiot of the highest order, always has been. Good player though

Andrew Jarman. SA's answer to Brad Hardie
Jars is a superstar though :) He'd be a deadset funny bastard on the turps. That legends game when he was commentating while playing was a crack up.

I was surprised when it was mentioned in this audio

9:30in

Who did they say will be or coach?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In episode 3,808 of media street, North is a rabble because...

checks notes

...they didn't let an assistant coach decide who the senior coach should be.

If I never have to listen to Andrew Jarmen again I’ll be happy.
Who did they say will be or coach?

Vince said Lyon has the job, but he wasn’t convinced of his source till Noble got sacked on the same day he was told it would happen.

It was weird listening to it tbh. He sounded disinterested and then just chimed in with that.

Hmmm.

North Melbourne senior assistant coach John Blakey was left unhappy after not being directly told that Leigh Adams was going to be the club’s interim coach after David Noble’s departure.

Noble and the Roos parted ways this week after a turbulent 38 games in charge, winning only five matches while he was in charge.

While VFL coach Leigh Adams will take charge of the side, SEN Chief Sports Reporter Sam Edmund says Blakey was unhappy that he was both not selected for the role, and then not told directly the club would go in a different direction.

Edmund said Blakey, who is a key figure in the club’s coaching setup, wasn’t happy with the communication from key figures at North Melbourne.

“Senior assistant John Blakey is most unhappy that initially that he was not chosen to be interim coach and then it wasn’t communicated to him that he was being overlooked for Leigh Adams,” he said on SEN's Crunch Time.

“You would assume that considering they got him out of Sydney and are paying him a pretty significant wage as a senior assistant, that most of the time he would be the one that would step up as the interim coach.

“It was more the method of the communication…he was (not told) from the powers that be that he wasn’t going to be the interim coach.

“He heard it from someone else and he wasn’t thrilled with that either.”

Leigh Adams will be looking for the perfect start to his interim tenure when North Melbourne takes on Richmond at Marvel Stadium on Saturday.

Club obviously doesn’t rate him . New coach will want his own assistants

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Even around the time of Luff leaving there had to have been other leakers.
Of course, it's a footy club, not a vault. There could be million ways info gets to the media, not always from some cloak and dagger backroom alley unmarked envelope sort of deal that everyone makes it out to be. People talk, they talk to others, it gets printed. But Luff was 1000% leaking info about the club to portray it in a negative light. Demoted after botching contract negotiations, starts white anting the club. Then curiously resigns. As for the Blakey info, could be from blakey, could be from anyone. Could have been a throwaway line that they didn't ask Blakey as they wanted Patch instead. Who knows. Like when people were up in arms that our trade targets were being leaked by the club to the media, as if the players and player managers didn't have a vested interest in having their contracts discussed in the media

I suppose if they wanted to give the players a fresh perspective/start that’s less likely with Senior Assistant and right hand man of the last coach.

Leigh Adam’s is their connection to the younger brigade. It’s a good choice if you’re trying to re-engage with that group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back