Past Coach John Blakey - will not be continuing at North in 2024 - Thanks John

Coaches of the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

A brilliant appointment.

Picked up a pay rise and orchestrated a move to North in order to facilitate his putrid son's development in Sydney.

The NMFC is the football equivalent of a pathetic cuck.

A brilliant appointment.

Picked up a pay rise and orchestrated a move to North in order to facilitate his putrid son's development in Sydney.

Damn, you ain't missing anyone right now. Last night unleashed your inner kraken huh?

Damn, you ain't missing anyone right now. Last night unleashed your inner kraken huh?
Last time I checked, the Kraken wasn’t a washed-up internet nerd whinging and calling people cucks (lol) on the forum of a club he professes not to support anymore because they didn’t agree with his list management ideas. Real tough guy this ‘kraken’ 😂

A brilliant appointment.

you’re always whinging that you want North people back at North (Clarkson, Longmire, Simpson ect)...and we finally get a respected ex North assistant to the club and you still whinge about it. I don’t get it.

Is it the administration that you’ve got your biggest gripe with or is it the coaches? Make up your mind.

It’s not Blakey’s fault that he is inherited a list half full of blokes that wouldn’t get a game at any other club.

you’re always whinging that you want North people back at North (Clarkson, Longmire, Simpson ect)...and we finally get a respected ex North assistant to the club and you still whinge about it. I don’t get it.

Is it the administration that you’ve got your biggest gripe with or is it the coaches? Make up your mind.

It’s not Blakey’s fault that he is inherited a list half full of blokes that wouldn’t get a game at any other club.
he's just whinging for the sake of it, as usual. It'll be nice to have some peace for a while.

A brilliant appointment.

You definitely add to the board by offering a contrary view but when it's always contrary it gets a bit much and probably means you're not being truthful.

A proposed solution every now and again also wouldn't go astray.

Look forward to your return.

Flying under the radar?

Don’t seem to hear, see or read anything about Blakey…

Was initially excited to have him on board but feel as if he hasn’t had any real impact considering his experience….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this is a good bit of perspective on where our football club unfortunately finds itself.

There are not many higher rated senior assistants in the industry then Blakey. Has been a part of multiple successful programs that went on to win flags. Is highly respected by coaches and players across the league. Our own players love him, as an example, Buckets f*kn loves him.

Yet despite having him, we are where we are. Things are far more complicated at Arden Street, then simply sacking the coaching staff.

It’s common knowledge that he was “appalled” by how bad our high performance team was when he joined. This has now been addressed. I’m sure that isn’t all he saw as significantly behind Sydney’s program.

Finger pointing at Blakey is not a well thought out exercise. He’d walk into a senior assistant role at 17 other clubs.

I think this is a good bit of perspective on where our football club unfortunately finds itself.

There are not many higher rated senior assistants in the industry then Blakey. Has been a part of multiple successful programs that went on to win flags. Is highly respected by coaches and players across the league. Our own players love him, as an example, Buckets f*kn loves him.

Yet despite having him, we are where we are. Things are far more complicated at Arden Street, then simply sacking the coaching staff.

It’s common knowledge that he was “appalled” by how bad our high performance team was when he joined. This has now been addressed. I’m sure that isn’t all he saw as significantly behind Sydney’s program.

Finger pointing at Blakey is not a well thought out exercise. He’d walk into a senior assistant role at 17 other clubs.
Depends what Walsh thinks personally I don’t he will go but who knows but if Noble is the only one that goes and in 12 months if the NMFC is still in the same position or worse then has the review worked?
But if an Essendon or st kilda turn around and offer Blakey the same type of roll would he jump to one of them if he knows he maybe on the outer at North with Walsh review.

Not doubting his reputation or experience.

It’s concerning that he hasn’t been able to have the impact that one would expect.

Probably says a lot about the environment at Arden st unfortunately…

You could apply that logic to the senior coach too. Oversaw successful football programs at 2 clubs before our ineptitude stopped him in his tracks.

Not doubting his reputation or experience.

It’s concerning that he hasn’t been able to have the impact that one would expect.

Probably says a lot about the environment at Arden st unfortunately…
This may be, in part, because he doesn't want to be a senior coach i.e. he may raise ideas, suggestions etc but not be forceful in delivering the message.

I think his role definitely needs to be questioned. He is the senior assistant that everyone says we needed and you would assume had a fair say in the gameplan.

With Noble on the bench I assume Blakey is the match day tactician in the box. So either he is overruled by Noble in making changes (such as manning up Himmleberg) or he is no good.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Couldn’t even get his own son to play for North, talk about losing the players! (Joke)

Totally agree

Hmmm.

North Melbourne senior assistant coach John Blakey was left unhappy after not being directly told that Leigh Adams was going to be the club’s interim coach after David Noble’s departure.

Noble and the Roos parted ways this week after a turbulent 38 games in charge, winning only five matches while he was in charge.

While VFL coach Leigh Adams will take charge of the side, SEN Chief Sports Reporter Sam Edmund says Blakey was unhappy that he was both not selected for the role, and then not told directly the club would go in a different direction.

Edmund said Blakey, who is a key figure in the club’s coaching setup, wasn’t happy with the communication from key figures at North Melbourne.

“Senior assistant John Blakey is most unhappy that initially that he was not chosen to be interim coach and then it wasn’t communicated to him that he was being overlooked for Leigh Adams,” he said on SEN's Crunch Time.

“You would assume that considering they got him out of Sydney and are paying him a pretty significant wage as a senior assistant, that most of the time he would be the one that would step up as the interim coach.

“It was more the method of the communication…he was (not told) from the powers that be that he wasn’t going to be the interim coach.

“He heard it from someone else and he wasn’t thrilled with that either.”

Leigh Adams will be looking for the perfect start to his interim tenure when North Melbourne takes on Richmond at Marvel Stadium on Saturday.

Hmmm.

North Melbourne senior assistant coach John Blakey was left unhappy after not being directly told that Leigh Adams was going to be the club’s interim coach after David Noble’s departure.

Noble and the Roos parted ways this week after a turbulent 38 games in charge, winning only five matches while he was in charge.

While VFL coach Leigh Adams will take charge of the side, SEN Chief Sports Reporter Sam Edmund says Blakey was unhappy that he was both not selected for the role, and then not told directly the club would go in a different direction.

Edmund said Blakey, who is a key figure in the club’s coaching setup, wasn’t happy with the communication from key figures at North Melbourne.

“Senior assistant John Blakey is most unhappy that initially that he was not chosen to be interim coach and then it wasn’t communicated to him that he was being overlooked for Leigh Adams,” he said on SEN's Crunch Time.

“You would assume that considering they got him out of Sydney and are paying him a pretty significant wage as a senior assistant, that most of the time he would be the one that would step up as the interim coach.

“It was more the method of the communication…he was (not told) from the powers that be that he wasn’t going to be the interim coach.

“He heard it from someone else and he wasn’t thrilled with that either.”

Leigh Adams will be looking for the perfect start to his interim tenure when North Melbourne takes on Richmond at Marvel Stadium on Saturday.
Be interesting to find out who leaked this story to the media. It's pretty clear by now that it's not Luff as is often alluded to by people here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back