Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 19, 2004
Why do you care?
PIG'S ARSE!

hqdefault.jpg

Oh fu** off
He's a campaigner and so is his son.
Nah you * off.

So he insulted some football clubs and was dishonest with the salary cap - not exactly a war criminal there. Get some perspective and stop pretending he's worse than he was.

People like you overexaggerate things because of relatively unimportant things like "ohh he wanted my club to rot", "he called my favourite past player mean names", it's silly. Get out of the AFL bubble for a moment and save your venom for the real monsters of the world, like Kissenger, Cheney, etc. You know, people who make decisions that actually get people killed.

Nah you fu** off.

So he insulted some football clubs and was dishonest with the salary cap - not exactly a war criminal there. Get some perspective and stop pretending he's worse than he was.

People like you overexaggerate things because of relatively unimportant things like "ohh he wanted my club to rot", "he called my favourite past player mean names", it's silly. Get out of the AFL bubble for a moment and save your venom for the real monsters of the world, like Kissenger, Cheney, etc. You know, people who make decisions that actually get people killed.

Luckily he didnt have the power to in that position.

Still a campaigner.

Nah you fu** off.

On March 9, 1999, Carlton president, John Elliot referred to Aborigines as a `forgotten race' who will die out in an address to the Institute of Accountants.
He's a straight out racist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr Elliott told a charity event in Hobart last week that the club paid about $5000 in hush money to four or five women who claimed they were raped by Carlton players in the 1980s and '90s.

Not saying what Jack and Carlton did was right, far from it, but it's extremely naive to think we were the only club that has done this (the infamous SA Car Park scandal for example

And the OP is in extremely bad taste at any rate

Not saying what Jack and Carlton did was right, far from it, but it's extremely naive to think we were the only club that has done this (the infamous SA Car Park scandal for example

And the OP is in extremely bad taste at any rate
Ah yes the old 'everyone else was doing it too' defence. Bravo.

Post was a direct response to someone telling people to stop pretending he's worse than he was.

Ah yes the old 'everyone else was doing it too' defence. Bravo.

Post was a direct response to someone telling people to stop pretending he's worse than he was.

Well that is fair enough, but unfortunately it seems like that was the culture of not only footy and society in Australia at the time

And no, it doesn't make it right either.
I applaud those women who spoke up and accused the club and it's players and Elliott of wrong doing.

Absolutely Elliott is guilty of what people have described him, but it's just a tad unpleasant for me by some here celebrating his probable demise.

Well that is fair enough, but unfortunately it seems like that was the culture of not only footy and society in Australia at the time

I applaud those women who spoke up and accused the club and it's players and Elliott of wrong doing.

Absolutely Elliott is guilty of what people have described him, but it's just a tad unpleasant for me by some here celebrating his probable demise.

If I remember correctly Carlton fans thought he was the ducks nuts when they were winning flags. Personally I kinda liked him. Got stuck between where the world was and where it was going. Reckon he did a far better job than the idiots running Carlton the last 15 years.

In one of the worst kept secrets of the era - a few of the Carlton 'Bluebirds' cheer squad had affairs with some married and high profile Blues players in the mid-80's. Some of these girls were barely 18 and when one threatened to go the papers with her story she was then asked to sign an NDA and paid off! A few others (some not even members of the cheer squad) then lined up and also received payouts.
The Bluebirds were disbanded at seasons end 1987 due to apparently 'lack of funding', which was partly true given the related circumstances..

Then, for whatever reason Elliott publicly revealed this in 2009 and was consequently barred from the club, refer related article. The club rightly vehemently rejected the 'sexual assault' claims which was either a deliberate slip-of-the-tongue by Elliott and/or the media's interpretation.
For the record, the Blues were not the only club with these types of issues during this era, given the rock-star lifestyles most players enjoyed and the related non-existent club policies or rules of the day...

Carlton Bluebirds.jpg

Last edited:
Nah you fu** off.

Elliott represents the VFL era through to the need for the game to go national:

His role outside footy & in business also encapsulates so much of the takeover fever of his time.

Whether he did right or wrong is irrelevant in this circumstance.
He is still someone’s father and grandfather.
Those that are celebrating his being at ‘deaths door’ are cold and heartless. No one’s death should be celebrated like this

Margaret Thatcher was a mother and grandmother?

Rupert Murdoch probably had an egg sack with some hatchlings and I'll still pop some champagne when he leaves this world.

People don't deserve a respectful death if they've lived a disrespectful life.

Whether he did right or wrong is irrelevant in this circumstance.
He is still someone’s father and grandfather.
Those that are celebrating his being at ‘deaths door’ are cold and heartless. No one’s death should be celebrated like this
Noone here is celebrating it. Either just listing the significant bad things that he has done or saying they don't care. His actions don't need to be glorified just because he is passing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back