John Elliott - STFU

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton are lying in the abyss as a result of the Elliott era. Ive not seen the show yet but I'm sure Mike would have asked him that question:- Does he feel responsible for the demise that Carlton are in now. The arrogant pratt and his floggish ways a dead and buried, but his smell still remains @ Carlton.

On Open Mike tonight, talking about Carlton beating Essendon in the '99 prelim.

Said that "North had categorically told me that they wouldn't have beaten Essendon"

What a flog.

As if.

Everything he said in that interview is why Carlton are in the toilet now. I love the bloke. Because he stuffed up something I enjoy seeing stuffed up.

And essendon could have beaten carlton but they didn't. 98 is the perfect example of the best team throughout the year means nothing on the GF day.
I dont subscribe to the "we wouldn't have beat essendon rubbish." Fact is they weren't good enough to get there EOI.

Don't think it's that outlandish. Denis did say that we stole 99 from Essendon, just as Adelaide stole 98 from us.

There may have been some at the club who felt that way, but the way he said he spoke to "North", like there is one voice of the club pissed me off. I'm pretty sure Carey, Arch or Mick wouldn't have felt like they categorically couldn't have beaten Essendon.

Love Jack, he was a cheat but I love Jack. What a character. Really enjoyed the interview.

Yeah, entertaining grub, but no place in the game. If he had his way, North wouldn't have any flags, only "good" clubs would. Actually, if he had got his way, North wouldn't exist today.

He's amusing in the same way your senile uncle might be. Since he went broke he seems to have withdrawn into his own private delusional universe.

In some ways it could be seen as sad how far a once powerful business man has fallen.

He's actually doing quite well. Still very well connected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Archer said on his tribute DVD pretty categorically that North would have won the 99 premiership, no matter who we played.

The hurt from 98 was so strong amongst the group that we would have got up against anyone, even Essendon.

Archer said on his tribute DVD pretty categorically that North would have won the 99 premiership, no matter who we played.

The hurt from 98 was so strong amongst the group that we would have got up against anyone, even Essendon.
Maybe we would have won, maybe we wouldn't. We'll never know. 'What if's' are for Marvel comics. Arch doesn't know that North WOULD have won as much as Jack doesn't know Essendon would have won either.

North won, that's all that matters.

I reject your reality and substitute my own is a quote from Adam of mythbusters fame that aptly suits Pigs arse, I mean Smelliot.

He's actually doing quite well. Still very well connected.
See him all the time around the bars/cafes around Little Collins/Mitre Place or the Carbine Bar often with a "drink" in hand before lunch. Usually he is alone. I hear he has an "office" around those parts but what is it that he actually does now? Anyone know?

Love the fact the Carlton are in the sh1t, and he contibuted to it. Absolutely a pig of a man ( thats how he comes across) Arrogant. One of the reasons for the demise of Fitzroy. Tried to get rid/gobble up North. So arrogant, that the night the Fitzroy team of the century was announced, he happened to be on the Footy show, and Sam Newman and a couple of others said that thae Fitzroy half back line, would be hard to be beaten/or the best half back line, which contianed, Kevin Murray, Paul Roos and Garry Pert. Elliot said Carltons is better, just arrogantly, and thats the same night I think he lit up his ciggy on the show. IMO an oxygen theif, waste of space.

See him all the time around the bars/cafes around Little Collins/Mitre Place or the Carbine Bar often with a "drink" in hand before lunch. Usually he is alone. I hear he has an "office" around those parts but what is it that he actually does now? Anyone know?

I think the cash has dried up for Big Jack these days so he lives off the establishments where he has spent enough money over the years that they no longer charge him.

Have heard that of a Friday he will rock up to a notable lunch establishment full of "the boys", run up a nice bill and tell the waiters "put it on ________, he's paying today" then disappear.

Don't think it's that outlandish. Denis did say that we stole 99 from Essendon, just as Adelaide stole 98 from us.

That's worded more extremely than Denis said it.

He acknowledged they'd been strong during the H&A but has clarified he never wrote off our chances in the way pigs arse is insinuating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back