John Elliott - STFU

Woodson

Former AE commish
Mar 20, 2001
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Steelers, NY Mets and Shef U Blades
You'd have to think anyone who has watched footy, let alone played it at the highest level, would be smart enough not to say 'categorically' in a case like this. We get surprising upsets, some of them massive, every week - nothing's categorical. People forget that Sydney were the best team of 2014, Hawthorn of 2012, St Kilda of 2009, Geelong of 2008 (yet no one ever forgets we were the best team of 1998) - it's a matter of who wins one the day, and we did.
And Brisbane Lions DID NOT finish first in any of their GF seasons...

North IMO.. play best as underdogs. I don't mind when the media doesn't rate North and this year is no exception. We are a shadow of last years team with stringing together games let alone quarters of quality footy so far but what I keep on reminding folks that it's also a blessing in disguise.

Why? Of the thumping we've copped:
Both times only a mere 5 goals behind at one stage in the second half while the opposing Crows & Hawks brought their TRIPLE A game. North have looked dangerous at times but it's really a sample of what's to come when the team have all our stars back.

I don't expect a win @ Freo this week but at the same time.. a competitive effort would be enough. Just not the season to drop two- three in a row. It's gonna be about % that could determine 3 spots from 4th to 6th this season.

ozzyoslo

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 15, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne

North IMO.. play best as underdogs. I don't mind when the media doesn't rate North and this year is no exception. We are a shadow of last years team with stringing together games let alone quarters of quality footy so far but what I keep on reminding folks that it's also a blessing in disguise.

Both times only a mere 5 goals behind at one stage in the second half while the opposing Crows & Hawks brought their TRIPLE A game. North have looked dangerous at times but it's really a sample of what's to come when the team have all our stars back.

I don't expect a win @ Freo this week but at the same time.. a competitive effort would be enough. Just not the season to drop two- three in a row. It's gonna be about % that could determine 3 spots from 4th to 6th this season.
Everyone knows we havent put our best on the park.......but when it happens we are just as good as anyone. We're due to fire real soon. Even without our best 22 on the park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TwentyNine

Norm Smith Medallist
May 16, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

TBH the fact we can beat teams like Richmond and Essendon with some level of comfort even with key players missing and patchy form, I think is something of an achievement. Under Brad we've tended to lift our form significantly in the second half of year with our finishes to 2012 and 2014 in particular being huge improvements on our earlier form that year. In the same sense I reckon we'll improve this year as it goes on and produce our best footy yet under Brad.

True North

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 23, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My fav part was when he said Carlton didn't cheat because 2 QC's told him he'd get off if he went to the Supreme Court. Anti-competitive to prevent payments in Brown paper bags. So if not guilty, you are innocent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* have adopted this wonderful strategy of buying opinions until you get the one you want.

Tird and his friends are about to find out just like John Elliott that "not guilty" is far from "innocent".

Ian Collins is the worst campaigner I have met. Ruined the best bar ever at Colonial Stadium on a whim. Not sure whether he was offended by the uniforms or whether he is mates with George Pell and they were too old for his organisation.

Top Bottom