John Frusciante Leaves the RHCP

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure as to why, but i'm sure he'll still be involved in the musical world in way one or another.

You're right, it has been in the works for a while.

he's constantly been distancing himself from rumours of a new album and apparently in a radio interview a month ago he asked to be introduced as "guitarist, John Frusciante" not "Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist, John Frusciante".

He's definitely his own man and i'm guessing he just felt the time was right or that the new album was going nowhere.

Josh Klingoffer (John's best mate and RHCP tour guitarist) is rumoured to be the replacement.

Either way, John is my musical idol so i'm a very shattered man right now!

Massive loss. His new solo album is bloody good. Features alot of Josh Klingoffer and Flea anyway.

John really makes RHCP so it will be interesting to see how the new album goes, probally why it's been taking so long. After Stadium Shitcadium the band probally does need a new direction.

There Brizzy concert a couple of years back was incredible. Hopefully the RHCP will be back better than ever. TBH I can see John still being involved sometime down the track.

I have mixed feelings tbh the guy is my musical hero and like above posters have mentioned Stadium Arcadium was disappointing but to me he is the red hot chili peppers but i am also a huge fan of his solo work so either way he'd keep doing his own thing maybe this means he might (one day) tour as a solo act to Australia how cool would that be!

Good
Their best music was when Flea was the focus, whereas they have turned to sappy crappy rubbish with Frusciante as the focus.

Im sure they will still be rubbish whateve they release next but at least their is hope

pftt! All their best music came when John Frusciante joined the band Mother's Milk onwards (except of course One Hot Minute) We probably would hardly know who the Red Hot Chili Peppers were if he never joined the band! I didn't mind By the Way (sappiness lol) thought Venice Queen was one of their best

Good
Their best music was when Flea was the focus, whereas they have turned to sappy crappy rubbish with Frusciante as the focus.

Im sure they will still be rubbish whateve they release next but at least their is hope

you are a clown.

mark it down right now. flea will be half the bass player without frusciante.

their chemistry was amazing.

Wow I totally missed this.....

Shattered. Don't know what to say. Will be following Frusciante's solo stuff obviously, but RHCP just arn't the RHCP without him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have a problem with this, so long as it leads to even more solo and side project work from him. The Empyrean is probably my favourite album from this year, and I've enjoyed his various other solo and side projects over the years too. He's an amazing musician and an amazing person who has come a long way since his days of drug addiction :thumbsu:

Good

You can't be serious? All their best albums (Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Californication, By the Way) were when Frusciante was in the band. One Hot Minute was a decent album but it just didn't sound like RHCP without Frusciante's brilliant, distinctive guitar work.

No matter who they replace him with, I think their best music is behind them unfortunately. Stadium Arcadium was a real let down after the highs of Californication & By the Way. Hopefully they can prove me wrong but I have my doubts, especially without Frusciante on board.

disappointment, looks like he is out for good this time, hope he can produce more of the same quality solo stuff, but will certainly be big shoes to fill for his replacement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back