Universal Love John Kennedy elevated to Legend status

Remove this Banner Ad

The turning point of our club revolved around this man. Imagine if none of if happened - where would we be today?

True legend even before tonight's recognition.

The most influential man behind us going from being easy beats to becoming a very respected club, and one opponents feared.

He embodies everything that is good about our great club and inspires us, to this very day.

He was and still is a major catalyst behind us becoming the most powerful football club of the last half a century.

A true legend and I salute you, Mr Kennedy Snr.

To me, he and Tucky are the greatest figures in the history of the VFL/AFL.

I suggest you don't read the thread on the mainboard. 20 posts in and already many arguing he isn't deserving.

Only got the honour a few hours ago and already a bunch of Neville nobodies piping up how their personal favourites were overlooked.

Disappointing.

I suggest you don't read the thread on the mainboard. 20 posts in and already many arguing he isn't deserving.

Only got the honour a few hours ago and already a bunch of Neville nobodies piping up how their personal favourites were overlooked.

Disappointing.
FFS. They're either completely ignorant or driven by pure anti-Hawk ideology that blinds them to reason....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing.
They are probably kids or thick or more likely a combination of the both.

I doubt there are many people in the footy industry that are more revered than John Kennedy Snr. He epitomizes what a legend should be all about. Just listen to the way blokes like Clarko talk about him. They are in awe of the great man.

And he is a complete gentleman unlike some of the other scumbags people were hoping would be elevated.

One of my favourite footy photos. Clarko's respect and affection for Kanga very apparent. Kanga's sheer joy is magnificent. Two great Hawks. 💛

Attachments

• kanga.jpeg
    kanga.jpeg
    8.5 KB · Views: 143
Oh man, I just can't look at that main board thread any more, the hawk-obsessed ignorance flowing out of it is quite simply staggering....
I had to go and have a quick look and was worse for the experience. Strange people amongst us in society. I don't know if its an age thing but my god is there some mental gymnastics going on in so many minds. How many years did he serve on the AFL?

I had to go and have a quick look and was worse for the experience. Strange people amongst us in society. I don't know if its an age thing but my god is there some mental gymnastics going on in so many minds. How many years did he serve on the AFL?
Tall poppy syndrome to the nth degree. Our success makes us a soft target for brainless haters.

Not only is the award thorougly deserved, but Kennedy SHOULD have been named a Legend from the Hall of Fame's very inception. I will not waste breath trying to edcuate those who think otherwise.

Of course Richmond bandwagoners seem to have a different idea, because heaven forbid anything football-related shouldn't be all about Richmond!
I'll be relieved when their next thirty-year period of irrelevence commences.

I sometimes wonder what might have happened if he'd turned up for a run at another club & hadn't come to Hawthorn.

But I've just thought how the fit was perfect: through the hard years, a club craving recognition, identity, respect ... & a man of such character, learning and faith (w that booming voice & total commitment to the cause).

How lucky we were!

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back