Universal Love John Kennedy elevated to Legend status

The turning point of our club revolved around this man. Imagine if none of if happened - where would we be today?

True legend even before tonight's recognition.

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
The most influential man behind us going from being easy beats to becoming a very respected club, and one opponents feared.

He embodies everything that is good about our great club and inspires us, to this very day.

He was and still is a major catalyst behind us becoming the most powerful football club of the last half a century.

A true legend and I salute you, Mr Kennedy Snr.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
Well deserved. Thanks for letting us borrow the great man.
20200601_220711.jpeg

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jan 18, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
To me, he and Tucky are the greatest figures in the history of the VFL/AFL.

I suggest you don't read the thread on the mainboard. 20 posts in and already many arguing he isn't deserving.

Only got the honour a few hours ago and already a bunch of Neville nobodies piping up how their personal favourites were overlooked.

Disappointing.

Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
I suggest you don't read the thread on the mainboard. 20 posts in and already many arguing he isn't deserving.

Only got the honour a few hours ago and already a bunch of Neville nobodies piping up how their personal favourites were overlooked.

Disappointing.
FFS. They're either completely ignorant or driven by pure anti-Hawk ideology that blinds them to reason....

Nick the Pig

Team Captain
Apr 3, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Disappointing.
They are probably kids or thick or more likely a combination of the both.

I doubt there are many people in the footy industry that are more revered than John Kennedy Snr. He epitomizes what a legend should be all about. Just listen to the way blokes like Clarko talk about him. They are in awe of the great man.

And he is a complete gentleman unlike some of the other scumbags people were hoping would be elevated.

GrumpyOldFart

Cancelled
Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2020 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2020 Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2019 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2019 Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2018 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2018 Hawthorn Hawks - Kaiden Brand Player Sponsor 2018 Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - Kaiden Brand Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - Jermaine Miller-Lewis, Alex Woodward, Kaiden Brand Player Sponsor 2016 Hawthorn Hawks - Alex Woodward, Jed Anderson and Jermaine Miller-Lewis Player Sponsor 2015 Hawthorn Hawks - Lowden, Anderson, Woodward Player Sponsor 2014 Hawthorn Hawks - Box Hill 2013 Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Lowden, Anderson, Woodward Player Sponsor 2013 Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2012 Player Sponsor
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks, Croydon Rangers
One of my favourite footy photos. Clarko's respect and affection for Kanga very apparent. Kanga's sheer joy is magnificent. Two great Hawks. 💛

Attachments

• kanga.jpeg
    kanga.jpeg
    8.5 KB · Views: 143
Sep 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Oh man, I just can't look at that main board thread any more, the hawk-obsessed ignorance flowing out of it is quite simply staggering....
I had to go and have a quick look and was worse for the experience. Strange people amongst us in society. I don't know if its an age thing but my god is there some mental gymnastics going on in so many minds. How many years did he serve on the AFL?

Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
I had to go and have a quick look and was worse for the experience. Strange people amongst us in society. I don't know if its an age thing but my god is there some mental gymnastics going on in so many minds. How many years did he serve on the AFL?
Tall poppy syndrome to the nth degree. Our success makes us a soft target for brainless haters.

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
Not only is the award thorougly deserved, but Kennedy SHOULD have been named a Legend from the Hall of Fame's very inception. I will not waste breath trying to edcuate those who think otherwise.

Of course Richmond bandwagoners seem to have a different idea, because heaven forbid anything football-related shouldn't be all about Richmond!
I'll be relieved when their next thirty-year period of irrelevence commences.

Tall Tales and True

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, West Ham Utd,
I sometimes wonder what might have happened if he'd turned up for a run at another club & hadn't come to Hawthorn.

But I've just thought how the fit was perfect: through the hard years, a club craving recognition, identity, respect ... & a man of such character, learning and faith (w that booming voice & total commitment to the cause).

How lucky we were!

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back