John Longmire locked in until the end of 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Would not bother reading that tbh ^ nothing article.
The definition of filler.

TLDR Longmire good coach. Other teams want him. Swans sign up Longmire so other teams can't have him.

Is it fair to say that Dew will probably leave the club if attractive coaching opportunities open up? He's still young enough though, maybe he'll stick around and take over 2020/21. It's a pretty attractive prospect here though, surely. Great lifestyle, no Victorian media pressure, will be inherited a great list (touch wood). etc. etc.
I actually think if he was going to leave he would have done so already, plenty of opportunities have been around the past few years and he hasn't seemed to actively chased them. If I recall correctly when he joined the swans it was because he was moving to Sydney because his wife Sarah Cumming got her gig Channel Seven Sydney? It may well be that he/they are well entrenched in Sydney.
To be honest it really wouldn't surprise me if part of Horse's long-term contract is to put into effect another Roos/Horse transition type scenario, if it's the case my bet would be its Dew to Senior Coach and Kirk replaces Dew as Senior Assistant.

I actually think if he was going to leave he would have done so already, plenty of opportunities have been around the past few years and he hasn't seemed to actively chased them. If I recall correctly when he joined the swans it was because he was moving to Sydney because his wife Sarah Cumming got her gig Channel Seven Sydney? It may well be that he/they are well entrenched in Sydney.
To be honest it really wouldn't surprise me if part of Horse's long-term contract is to put into effect another Roos/Horse transition type scenario, if it's the case my bet would be its Dew to Senior Coach and Kirk replaces Dew as Senior Assistant.
I'd be supportive of this. All the noise coming out of the coaching accreditation process was that Dew was one of the best assistants going around now. We have a good formula and if we can maintain the fundamentals with a few personal tweaks by promoting from within then I'm OK with that.

He won't get the promotion before Dew I reckon, Dew has been in the coaching ranks for much longer. We would be batshit crazy to go for Dew over Kirky (as much as I love him) if both were available.
This might be controversial but I'm not sold on Kirky as a potential senior coach, not sure that all the political stuff, media press conferences etc even tactically is what he is best at. I'd rather him working extremely closely with the playing group, driving the culture and the expectations and most importantly showing them how to get the best out of themselves as he did as a player.

I'd be supportive of this. All the noise coming out of the coaching accreditation process was that Dew was one of the best assistants going around now. We have a good formula and if we can maintain the fundamentals with a few personal tweaks by promoting from within then I'm OK with that.
He is apparently extremely highly regarded by Clarkson which bodes well for potential, not a fan of his personality but the guy is a tactical genius so his opinion in this regard sits well with me.

Needs to lodge a complaint and kick up a stink about umpiring

Pay the fine
Would be better off fining our players for missing targets - would cover the salary of another skills coach - hawthorn hit and we miss from the usual suspects under pressure !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back