John Longmire locked in until the end of 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

R

reckon Kirk will be promoted before Dew

He won't get the promotion before Dew I reckon, Dew has been in the coaching ranks for much longer. We would be batshit crazy to go for Dew over Kirky (as much as I love him) if both were available.

He won't get the promotion before Dew I reckon, Dew has been in the coaching ranks for much longer. We would be batshit crazy to go for Dew over Kirky (as much as I love him) if both were available.
Favourite son returns to fold, sound familiar? Don't think it's a coincidence how our playing style has changed with his inclusion. I get what your saying though.

Kirk can turn all our players into Buddist monks, you know the kind that train themselves to feel no pain :p
Ruthless, blood soaked monks. Rather ironic really.

Favourite son returns to fold, sound familiar? Don't think it's a coincidence how our playing style has changed with his inclusion. I get what your saying though.

From Dew to Kirk. Make it happen Sydney.

From Dew to Kirk. Make it happen Sydney.
Dew will be at another club before 2020, Horse to Kirk hand over.

If Dew doesn't move, he'll get it before Kirk. But I can see Dew moving end of next year at the latest.

To take a head coach position at which club?

To take a head coach position at which club?
Brisbane and Richmond look like current options. Could see North or maybe Geelong as well. Port looking a bit iffy as well. I'd be surprised if he stayed with us until 2020 but he might and have no issue with him taking over from Longmire

Brisbane and Richmond look like current options. Could see North or maybe Geelong as well. Port looking a bit iffy as well. I'd be surprised if he stayed with us until 2020 but he might and have no issue with him taking over from Longmire
We're all speculating Horse will move aside in 2020, might not happen

I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert on how contracts work but didn't Hardwick just re-sign? Ditto Brad?

Chris Scott and Hinkley are coming out of contract so that might also be an option.

I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert on how contracts work but didn't Hardwick just re-sign? Ditto Brad?

Chris Scott and Hinkley are coming out of contract so that might also be an option.
Think it was Hardwick and Buckley that got extensions but with how Richmond are going, got a gut feeling that says they regret it and will kick him out if there is no obvious improvement next season

Contr

acts are made to be broken, it's just a matter of cost. Milky95 on the money re Port I reckon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Ken is in any trouble over here. They love him.
Their chairman like success, pretty hard marker in all aspects of business over the years.

Power have been hit hard with no rucks and missing key defenders this year.
True, last year's fall from grace is still lingering though

Great move by the club.

Since Eade took over we've probably had the most stable coaching group of any team in footy.

3 senior coaches in 20 years and counting. Hint to the rest of the footy industry: this how you do it.
Our two main federal political groupings might like to have a think about it too.

I reckon the club may see Rhys Shaw as a candidate in a few years, hence the re-signing of Horse which would obviously mean we may lose Dew if he gets a suitable deal.

From my vantage point, Shaw is an impressive mentor. When he sat out the 12 months with his reco a few years back he was on the sidelines for every reserves game and for the many games at Blacktown where you sit right near the interchange you could clearly tell he had what it takes to get a message across and the younger guys looked up to him.

He has been absolutely outstanding as reserves coach this year, the team could not be going better and we have never seen such a production line of first gamers step in and look confident and 100% over the game plan and the role they need to play for the team.

He's my tip to be the next coach...

I reckon the club may see Rhys Shaw as a candidate in a few years, hence the re-signing of Horse which would obviously mean we may lose Dew if he gets a suitable deal.

From my vantage point, Shaw is an impressive mentor. When he sat out the 12 months with his reco a few years back he was on the sidelines for every reserves game and for the many games at Blacktown where you sit right near the interchange you could clearly tell he had what it takes to get a message across and the younger guys looked up to him.

He has been absolutely outstanding as reserves coach this year, the team could not be going better and we have never seen such a production line of first gamers step in and look confident and 100% over the game plan and the role they need to play for the team.

He's my tip to be the next coach...
Pretty shrewd call. You'd have to think he would need to do an apprenticeship as a line coach for seniors first though. He's always had wraps on him for being a great mentor.

Would not bother reading that tbh ^ nothing article.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back