Coach John Longmire - Part II

What should we do about the coaching situation?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caj

Premiership Player
Jul 23, 2004
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Best people are usually the ones you've already got.
They've already been through your hiring process and they've already shown what they can do in your organisation.
If we're looking for someone with Kirky's skill set ( as an example) then we would be crazy to overlook him and find someone from somewhere else with his skill set.

That is true in some instances, alternatively you also limit your options and the opportunity to bring in fresh ideas and view points. It really depends on what an organisation needs at a particular point in time

If Longmire does move on in the near future for whatever reason, I think it would be negligent not to look at all options inside and outside of the club

That is true in some instances, alternatively you also limit your options and the opportunity to bring in fresh ideas and view points. It really depends on what an organisation needs at a particular point in time

If Longmire does move on in the near future for whatever reason, I think it would be negligent not to look at all options inside and outside of the club

If you've already got someone with the skill set that you're looking for there is no need to go external.
If you need a hammer and you've already got one in your tool bag you don't borrow your next door neighbour's hammer, do you?

Best people are usually the ones you've already got.
They've already been through your hiring process and they've already shown what they can do in your organisation.
If we're looking for someone with Kirky's skill set ( as an example) then we would be crazy to overlook him and find someone from somewhere else with his skill set.

Well that is a far right of centre suggestion.

If Kirk is the option, extend Horse's contract now!!

Kirk is in charge of arguably the worst performing midfield in the AFL. If Horse is replaced by an external appointee, I believe Kirky will be the first to be packing up his prayer mat.

Don't get me wrong, I am a massive fan of Brett from hiss playing days.

Well that is a far right of centre suggestion.

If Kirk is the option, extend Horse's contract now!!

Kirk is in charge of arguably the worst performing midfield in the AFL. If Horse is replaced by an external appointee, I believe Kirky will be the first to be packing up his prayer mat.

Don't get me wrong, I am a massive fan of Brett from hiss playing days.

If the playing list is being held back by the coach then we should get RTB, he will get the best out of them.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Horse is responsible for coaching those players who drop chest marks and hold up play. He also has the ability to reprimand them or drop them. He therefore takes responsibility for their actions if they are repeated.
Does he drop the entire team ? Plenty of players stuff up. We just had a lot of players doing stupid things. Maybe they're rusty, maybe they're just young and not used to the pressure yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back