Coach John Longmire - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously you know my current thoughts on Longmire and I agree that Kirk is not the answer. I want to know the angst against Blakey though. Is it because he’s been here for so long? Is it because of his friendship with Longmire? I’ve actually not formed an opinion but I’d like to know others thoughts.

Sorry Kingy, even though I’ve quoted you, it’s not directly aimed at you.

No angst

Too lazy to type

If the only reason we kept John Blakey was because of his son * that

I presume it’s not the case

What a top post!

Footy in 2019 is about pressuring the man with the ball, regardless. Frantic pressure applied to force the ball carrier into fluffing it up. Thats why the scores are still so ultra-defensive.

There's nothing scientific about AFL footy.

I honestly think the most vocal negative fans who think they know A LOT about footy are the ones who:

a) spend most of the time watching fox footy channel. They listen to the crap that the likes of King Dunstall et al parrot. These guys are just fans being paid to analyse footy. Most of the time they wouldn't have a clue about much as they simply focus on perceived footy tends or simply only watch a handful of games. They love buzz words and THEY LOVVVE trying to figure a new gmaeplan thus to come up with a new name for a new trend. The cluster, the zones, the slingshot etc etc.

b) these same people don't go to games and thus don't see what modern footy is all about. They watch on TV all the time, they have a very narrow view of the play they also rely on imbeciles like Carey and Ling to tell them what's going on.

c) Supercoach o fantasy league players. Oh boy oh boy. Nongs.

It's infuriating

List of people with no knowledge of footy

Ex players
Ex coaches
Paid footy media
People who watch every game
People who play fantasy footy
People who post on big footy

List of people with footy knowledge
You and people who share your view

Seems right

This thread is why our club doesn't actually deserve any more success.
Putrid discussion.

* me you talk some absolute shite

You aren’t the sacred holder of swans fandom and who deserves what and how we should be fans

You seem happy to bitch about every player- especially buddy lately
Guess you don’t deserve to watch him play

Calm down lads (and lasses), we're all on the same team here

There are obviously 2 camps here, the pro horse and the anti horse. There's never going to be agreement between the two, but there's no reason why the discussion can't be civilised

LOL its the same thing Ted, have you looked at our draw?

We're a good chance to be 2-10 at the break

I've gone into many years looking at tbe draw & thinking we could go 0 & 12 at the break given certain circumstances. Most notably in 2017.
So what?
I've always said, Longmire out, who cones in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've gone into many years looking at tbe draw & thinking we could go 0 & 12 at the break given certain circumstances. Most notably in 2017.
So what?

Can’t say I have since the early 90’s

Replacements? Caracalla is the next anointed one, I also rated Rattens time at the Blues and he has been at Hawthorn under the best since

Nobody is going to have the answer to who comes in Ted. No need to play games!

If you think there is isn’t another to coach this club, you’re deluded!

So what?

They want the coach sacked, that's it. That will make the players kick straight and not miss handballs because "sources" say he has lost the players and "sources" say he is going to a Vic club.

To understand any of it, you must first get a footy IQ.
I checked, they don't sell them on Ebay.
I heard you can get one by playing 2nds for some amateur team back in the day.

They want the coach sacked, that's it. That will make the players kick straight and not miss handballs because "sources" say he has lost the players and "sources" say he is going to a Vic club.

To understand any of it, you must first get a footy IQ.
I checked, they don't sell them on Ebay.
I heard you can get one by playing 2nds for some amateur team back in the day.

Based on your logic nobody should post on here unless they played at AFL level

Why don’t you enlighten us all about your football qualifications oh great one

I think the whole discussion should move on from Longmire now. We no longer have a competitive team, so it wouldnt matter if he had a 100 different game plans. If Longmire is to be critiqued it would be fairer on how he bloods the new draftees and turns the list over at years end. Could be a stampede out the door.

I think the whole discussion should move on from Longmire now. We no longer have a competitive team, so it wouldnt matter if he had a 100 different game plans. If Longmire is to be critiqued it would be fairer on how he bloods the new draftees and turns the list over at years end. Could be a stampede out the door.
What shall we call the thread then Tools?

Based on your logic nobody should post on here unless they played at AFL level

Why don’t you enlighten us all about your football qualifications oh great one

That's not my logic...that's the logic of certain people who come up with BS like "footy IQ" because they can't accept that people have different opinions on footy. More than likely none of them have actually played footy at AFL level so they are no better qualified to comment than anyone else. But they constantly pretend that their footy knowledge is superior.

I am happy to be a non-expert just posting my own ramblings about footy. I make no claim to be doing anything other than giving my own opinion.
That you try to make it out like I am posting my views for some other reasons is simply because you don't like my opinion.
That's sad for you. Like the other self proclaimed footy experts, you'll just have to get over that everyone can have an opinion.

I doubt anyone here claims to be an expert. Most are keen enthusiasts with a great interest who give a lot of thought to the game and our team. Clearly there are sharply different views about how we play and the degree to which players are operating to instructions, esp on chippety chip.

In his last 18 games Horse has the opportunity to leave a positive legacy with the young players on the list. Hope he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back