Coach John Longmire - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
It is very similar I think. Some Essendon supporters defended Hird no matter what, and I feel like some people on this board have the same love of Horse.

Sort of like how 30% of Americans are so in love with Trump they are able to internally justify anything he says or does.

The only difference being that Essendon fans were supporting their coach for overseeing a illegal and unethical experimental doping program and Swans supporters are supporting their coach for overseeing easily the most sustained period of success the club has ever had...

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
The only difference being that Essendon fans were supporting their coach for overseeing a illegal and unethical experimental doping program and Swans supporters are supporting their coach for overseeing easily the most sustained period of success the club has ever had...

So the Swans are essentially Renault of Formula 1. Good enough to get points and be reasonably competitive, but not a team that is going to be winning the championship.

true better than kirk

still dumb to let norf force an early extension
BUT it's not an early extension, it's exactly the same time that he re-signed his last contract.
To be fair he has done pretty well in the past two months with a youngish team.

As he showed on 360 he is not the sharpest tool in the shed. And again he has one flag and two performances in GFs where he was done like a dinner.

The Norf nuff nuffs have dodged a bullet and been leveraged to inflate our Clubs offer. They have a bloke ready to roll who will be on half the bickies apparently offered Longmire.
You have absolutely no idea what our offer to extend was, so therefore no idea if North inflated it or not.
Your hatred for Longmire taints every post you write now.

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
So the Swans are essentially Renault of Formula 1. Good enough to get points and be reasonably competitive, but not a team that is going to be winning the championship.
Only we have, and have been in position to do so more consistently than the vast majority of the competition.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
3 Grand finals in 7 years, only one coach going around has a better record. He clearly gets the best results from our list given the consistent top 4 performances. Glad to hear we're locking him away, just hoping this constant Horse hate can end
How many flags , same as Chris Scott , Bevo !

BUT it's not an early extension, it's exactly the same time that he re-signed his last contract.

You have absolutely no idea what our offer to extend was, so therefore no idea if North inflated it or not.

Ok whatever it is he didn’t earn it imo

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
I listen to SEN sometimes and when a Swans fan sometimes calls up I almost never hear them praising Horse.

I sometimes speak with my father and he is always praising Horse. See I can make up a stupid attribution that doesn't prove anything as well.

As The King rightly pointed out most of our fans are happy with what the club does and don't even boo the players after a loss, so to claim you are speaking for the majority is just false.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney

Sorry, just because he signed his contract at a similar period ‘in contract’, doesn’t mean it wasn’t early. It is a year before the end, therefore by definition...early!

Re B52’s post, there is no mention of ‘hatred’.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
BUT it's not an early extension, it's exactly the same time that he re-signed his last contract.I don't hate McVeigh

WHY DO YOU SAY HATE ! no one hates him , most just wanted a change with a fresher approach , he's been there a long time and people are allowed to want a change , doesn't mean it's hate. I don't hate Macca , I love him being a swan , I just think he's over rated . Your better than that JB

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney

We have been more than "reasonably competitive". How many teams have a better record than us since Longmire took over? We DID win the Championship. We came very close to doing so on a couple of other occasions. We haven't missed finals under Longmire until this season, where we are clearly rebuilding and have a core group of young players who are offering every reason to expect a bounce back right in to contention within the next couple of seasons.

What more can you reasonably hope for in a league which has so many equalisation sturctures in place to make sustained success impossible?

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
he leads them all in embarrassing finals exits

Just to do a quick check of our finals losses from 2013 onwards

2013 Preliminary Final vs Fremantle (74 to 99)
2014 Grand Final vs Hawthorn (74 to 137)
2015 Semi Final vs North Melbourne (51 to 77)
2016 Grand Final vs Western Bulldogs (67 to 89)
2017 Semi Final vs Geelong (39 to 98)
2018 Elimination Final vs GWS (30 to 79)

A lot of very comfortable victories for opposition teams there, where the Swans were never really in the game.

DobmusEdge

All Australian
Jun 21, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Also my favourite part about Horse staying in Sydney is his 2 sons remain a part of our academy. Hoping they turn into superstars, because I loved the North melts over a Sydney boy being drafted by Sydney

Yeah I love this too. We forget Horse was a champion player and Coleman Medalist at 19. Can only hope they might turn out half as good

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A lot of very comfortable victories for opposition teams there, where the Swans were never really in the game.
Really? I count 3

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Really? I count 3

I remember a lot of those games. We were certainly never in the game in 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018 and I think 2015 but my memory of the 2015 game is not great.

Even in 2016, who would hand on heart say they think the Bulldogs team was better talent wise than the team we had, and yet the Bulldogs have the flag and we don't. Clarkson also dismantled Longmire in 2014 despite the Swans having a very good list at the time.

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney

Do our finals wins from 2013 too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back