Coach John Longmire - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
This. We have not had a Review of the Footy Dept for ages. Absolutely no point having one now. The Horse is bolted in. I hate the thought but suspect there is a smidgen of complacency.
How do you know there's been no review? We've changed our assistant and academy coaches a lot over the last X amount of years. A new footy head, Harley stepping up with Irelands and Pridhams approval. Sorry I just think that your totally incorrect, there's been constant review and change.

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
This. We have not had a Review of the Footy Dept for ages. Absolutely no point having one now. The Horse is bolted in. I hate the thought but suspect there is a smidgen of complacency.

Just one year ago we made the transition of Harley to CEO and Gardiner to Head of the Football department. You think that was undertaken without a review of our football department?

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
How's the norf board reacting? I don't leave our board.

How do you know there's been no review? We've changed our assistant and academy coaches a lot over the last X amount of years. A new footy head, Harley stepping up with Irelands and Pridhams approval. Sorry I just think that your totally incorrect, there's been constant review and change.

Oh well, you are no doubt right. I would expect the Footy Dept to be reviewing how we are going on a regular basis. Harley would be providing the results of these assessments to the Board.

This is different to the Board through the CEO commissioning a formal review where external people are used to provide an independent assessment.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
We're not as s**t as Richmond were. God these are awful comparisons.

Yeah the same s**t Richmond that were beaten by us by 20 goals in the last rd of 2016 to win the flag 12 months later in 2017. When you consider that, we are not doomed for failure as some would like to think because of this extension. Hardwick was capable of doing that ? FFS Longmire' s record says he is 10 times the coach that whining sook is.

Yeah the same s**t Richmond that were beaten by us by 20 goals in the last rd of 2016 to win the flag 12 months later in 2017. When you consider that, we are not doomed for failure as some would like to think because of this extension. Hardwick was capable of doing that ? FFS Longmire' s record says he is 10 times the coach that whining sook is.

Hardwick did have a golden run with his better players staying fit in 2017. The Tiggers have found the going tougher this year.

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
They have Shaw, its not the end of the world for them so not like Martin or Kelly staying at their clubs over the past few years. They weren't expecting Horse to begin with and were lukewarm to the idea at best.

I don't know, apparently some at North were pretty confident.

Greg Miller reckons it's a done deal.

Another one of those "done deals"...

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Hardwick did have a golden run with his better players staying fit in 2017. The Tiggers have found the going tougher this year.

The way the year has taken shape this year anyone playing finals could pinch this flag and they could be one of them. They however have nowhere near the inexperience or age demographic of our list.

3 Grand finals in 7 years, only one coach going around has a better record. He clearly gets the best results from our list given the consistent top 4 performances. Glad to hear we're locking him away, just hoping this constant Horse hate can end
Only remembered for the win or one of the biggest chokes in 16

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney

Looking at the Tigers in 2017, the Bulldogs in 2016, you see that if enough things go your way in one season you can nab a flag. A lot of thigns need to go right to win a flag, and sometimes they do. That isn't to say those teams didn't deserve those premierships, they won the games they needed to to earn it, but the fall off in subsequent seasons demonstrates how difficult it is to back it up the next year.

Puts our sustained success over the last 15 years into perspective, doesn't it?

This is the argument for many of us that would like to have seen change at the top. Remove the last 6 weeks from the equation and tell me, despite the wholesale changes of assistant coaches little to nothing had changed in terms of structure which suggests Horse is reluctant to loosen the reigns and let the line coaches do their jobs with some individuality. We see the same patterns in player selection (injured and underdone veterans picked and young favourites given endless chances while others are dropped after a single down week.)

The way the year has taken shape this year anyone playing finals could pinch this flag and they could be one of them. They however have nowhere near the inexperience or age demographic of our list.

True. They are a good chance now most of their good players have returned from injury. All their remaining games are at the G. That will no doubt help.

Written like one who has never once stood under a high ball or backed into a pack. Piss ******* weak.

That is not called for, even if you disagree with his statement.

Aussie rules must be the only sport I've ever seen where playing the game is considered as some form of machismo and therefore worthy of respect and/or adulation.

You're chasing a leather ball around a field...

Aussie rules must be the only sport I've ever seen where playing the game is considered as some form of machismo and therefore worthy of respect and/or adulation.

You're chasing a leather ball around a field...

i chased a cow once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back