Coach John Longmire - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Could it be that Papley is not happy with the coach?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If that were the case then Papley is a bit of a fool to have signed the kind of contract extension that he signed twelve months ago, you know back when Longmire was his coach and had been since he was first rookied to us and the same coach that was odds on (at the time Papley re-signed) to have his contract extended.

If that were the case then Papley is a bit of a fool to have signed the kind of contract extension that he signed twelve months ago, you know back when Longmire was his coach and had been since he was first rookied to us and the same coach that was odds on (at the time Papley re-signed) to have his contract extended.

If you’ve ever been involved with a football club you might understand. Players change thoughts on coaches all the time.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I 'm reliably informed that the playing group calling a meeting with the coaching staff last year wanting a change of the way we play . They found it a joke that we would get 2 goals up and then go in defend mode , forwards that were near the goals were sick of having 2 or 3 on them at a time . This year there was a change of focus but injuries prevented a more attacking approach.

I 'm reliably informed that the playing group calling a meeting with the coaching staff last year wanting a change of the way we play . They found it a joke that we would get 2 goals up and then go in defend mode , forwards that were near the goals were sick of having 2 or 3 on them at a time . This year there was a change of focus but injuries prevented a more attacking approach.

If you don't mind me asking what injuries exactly? I mean I know Smith, Grundy, Buddy, Sinclair and Naismith all missed either all or large chunks of the season but we actually covered for them reasonably well. I would not think their injuries would affect whether or not we had an attacking gameplan anyway.

If you don't mind me asking what injuries exactly? I mean I know Smith, Grundy, Buddy, Sinclair and Naismith all missed either all or large chunks of the season but we actually covered for them reasonably well. I would not think their injuries would affect whether or not we had an attacking gameplan anyway.
They would have helped as we had a very young back line , making it hard for players like Melican who would have benifited from have the old heads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's very healthy for the club IMO. It definitely looked better but we were severely hamstrung with a lack of personnel.
Cheers for that Bedders!:thumbsu:

Probably the best post on this board in the last 2 seasons

Horse to coach the All Stars, what a great honour for him. Looking forward to Cripps and Fyfe finally playing tagging roles.

Who’s coaching the Tasmanian side
See the source image

Still not sure why we need to give him 3 more years.

Were we spooked by North who offered him 5 years?

On top of that - besides Stevie J and Dean Cox - the rest of our assistants are all fairly insular appointments. All high quality individuals for sure.

Do we need to go and add someone from another club? Dale Morris comes to mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back