Coach John Longmire - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve gushed about this before but we’re so lucky to have Longmire.

He’s the epitome of a straight bat to the media but you can tell he loves this team and more importantly they love him. In all reality he’s only a (rigged) grand final loss away from being the second best coach of the last 15 years. I still rate him ahead of Hardwick due to longevity.

I don’t know what he’s making right now but if we win the flag this year or soon, he should be on a million at least. He’s a certified legend of this club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to think he didn't know any other way than to play the slow contested mauling style from 2018-2020 trying to defend 10 goals.

But im now thinking perhaps that style was the best for our list at the time?

I used to think he didn't know any other way than to play the slow contested mauling style from 2018-2020 trying to defend 10 goals.

But im now thinking perhaps that style was the best for our list at the time?
2018 was possibly the most difficult year to watch the Swans from an aesthetic perspective, but I think you're being a little harsh on 2019 and 2020 there. We tried to play the exact same way we are playing now, we just weren't very good at it because all of the pieces weren't in place personnel-wise. Raw kids mixed with veterans not suited to it.

But there were occasions when it did all come together. Every one of the following games were precursors to our current game and would comfortably sit alongside any of our performances from the last two years, despite them coming in bottom-four seasons:

Round 12, 2019 vs West Coast
Round 15, 2019 vs Gold Coast
Round 22, 2019 vs Melbourne
Round 23, 2019 vs St Kilda
Round 8, 2020 vs Hawthorn
Round 12, 2020 vs GWS
Round 15, 2020 vs Melbourne

I think if we weren't so anxious and not wanting to get ahead of ourselves at the time, we would've taken all of these games as a guarantee of what would come in the following years.

I’ve gushed about this before but we’re so lucky to have Longmire.

He’s the epitome of a straight bat to the media but you can tell he loves this team and more importantly they love him. In all reality he’s only a (rigged) grand final loss away from being the second best coach of the last 15 years. I still rate him ahead of Hardwick due to longevity.

I don’t know what he’s making right now but if we win the flag this year or soon, he should be on a million at least. He’s a certified legend of this club.

giphy.gif

Reckon he's done us proud!

Imo, this rebuild has been underway continuously since he became head coach.

He refuses to let development slide, always a few debutants every single year.

Kinnear and Dalrymple have sourced the players, and Longmire has molded them into a solid unit!

Every year he has developed a plan that suits his group... and only two years where it wasn't good enough to play finals.

Love his presentation in pressies, love his belief in the boys and his refusal to play the blame games that so many other coaches fall into.

I've been an ardent supporter since he was promoted to head coach, but he has surpassed my wildest expectations.

It will be a sad day for us when he retires...

Listening to him in the press conference talking about last year's finals loss to GWS, it clearly still hurts him (quoted straight off the bat +20 in I50 differential). Must have been using it as a huge motivation tool for this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yum... check out those arms and shoulders...

Funny... the things you forget!
I'd go for the jawline personally.

As in I'd like mine to be like that, not that I'd do anything to his jawline.

Although that could be subject to change if he gets us a flag in a few weeks.

Listening to him in the press conference talking about last year's finals loss to GWS, it clearly still hurts him (quoted straight off the bat +20 in I50 differential). Must have been using it as a huge motivation tool for this year.

That wouldn't surprise me one bit. We finished 3 1/2 games clear of them on the ladder with a percentage 20% higher than theirs, I'd be disappointed if it wasn't used as motivation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back