Coach John Longmire - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

PAYWALLED ARTICLE;
Stevie J talking about Chris Scott and John Longmire

To me his commentary about Chris Scott tended to be about his coaching, whereas with Horse it is as much about the person.

Talks about Longmire's competitive nature, how his move to the boundary was a smart move, allowing direct feedback to the players and mentions that Horse's pre-game speeches are 'legendary'.
And;
The other thing about John is he is such a good person – and treats you as a friend, rather than a colleague – so you know the sprays come from a good place. It’s the same with players. That’s why they love him. That’s why they’d run through a brick wall if asked.
:thumbsupv1:

PAYWALLED ARTICLE;
Stevie J talking about Chris Scott and John Longmire

To me his commentary about Chris Scott tended to be about his coaching, whereas with Horse it is as much about the person.

Talks about Longmire's competitive nature, how his move to the boundary was a smart move, allowing direct feedback to the players and mentions that Horse's pre-game speeches are 'legendary'.
And;

:thumbsupv1:
Generally you can view paywalled articles if you use EPIC as a browser. Epic has an inbuilt VPN that enables secure and anonymous browsing which will enable you to read most articles.

Paywalled, but if you can read it it's a another great profile of Longmire

Horse deserves to have another flag to his name. I feel like the boys owe him this one.
Win or lose this one, Horse knows that as a group these kids have a special bond together. The club has re-signed the majority of this team . We were not expected to go this far this season. Win or lose, we have some really talented younger players who will learn from this finals experience.

Win or lose this one, Horse knows that as a group these kids have a special bond together. The club has re-signed the majority of this team . We were not expected to go this far this season. Win or lose, we have some really talented younger players who will learn from this finals experience.
No doubt. They're a special group and I doubt Longmire would feel like they owe him anything. I just love the guy though and feel like he deserves this more than anyone.

Hard not to put a fair bit of blame at his feet , feels like repeating mistakes. Maybe I am being too harsh, and I know he can't make them play s**t or good , but yeah maybe he didnt tell them about the ground size after all

Hard not to put a fair bit of blame at his feet , feels like repeating mistakes. Maybe I am being too harsh, and I know he can't make them play s**t or good , but yeah maybe he didnt tell them about the ground size after all
On selecting Sam Reid yes. He's owned up to that failure and apologized to all onboard. On not being able to teach our onballers how to win a contested ball? Think that issue lies solely with the onball brigade who were obliterated in contested possessions today.

I'm more angry with Ladhams for his brain snap and suspension robbing any backup for Hickey to change things up in the middle. Hope he gets a spray in his end of season review for undisciplined acts that were very costly.

On selecting Sam Reid yes. He's owned up to that failure and apologized to all onboard. On not being able to teach our onballers how to win a contested ball? Think that issue lies solely with the onball brigade who were obliterated in contested possessions today.

I'm more angry with Ladhams for his brain snap and suspension robbing any backup for Hickey to change things up in the middle. Hope he gets a spray in his end of season review for undisciplined acts that were very costly.

Yeah, im not trying to do a blame horse/sack him etc, had a great year, but wonder what we arent doing on the big day more

clearly nothing went right, so what could he do when its happening

Yeah, im not trying to do a blame horse/sack him etc, had a great year, but wonder what we arent doing on the big day more

clearly nothing went right, so what could he do when its happening
Some days, as I know from sporting experience, you can do everything right, but it can all turn to s**t.
If there was a replay I wonder the result.

Some days, as I know from sporting experience, you can do everything right, but it can all turn to s**t.
If there was a replay I wonder the result.

Yep every bloody bounce and miskick

amazing how when you are on top it goes your way (taking nothing away from the cats,. make your own luck)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horse let the club down today. Not saying it's his fault. But weak decisions like the Reid selection show a larger problem at the club

He was honest and raw in the presser

just hope we learn

We have got the benefit of hindsight. You don't know how things are going to turn out.

In 2016 we played Mills and Mcveigh off injuries. But I recall Longmire years afterwards pondering whether we should have also taken a risk on Reid who had not played all year. Because he felt he could have made a difference in the forward line.

Today if he did not play Reid and his replacement had a quiet game. Then afterwards some people would wonder whether we should have gambled on him. Or we would have won in 2016 if we selected Nankervis over Naismith or some other selection change.

Last edited:
We have got the benefit of hindsight. You don't know how things are going to turn out.

In 2016 we played Mills and Mcveigh off injuries. But I recall Longmire years afterwards whether we should have also taken a risk on Reid who had not played all year. Because he felt he could have made a difference in the forward line.

If he did not play Reid and his replacement had a quiet game. Then afterwards some people would wonder whether we should have gambled on him.

Probably

In 2016 we played Mills and Mcveigh off injuries. But I recall Longmire years afterwards pondering whether we should have also taken a risk on Reid who had not played all year. Because he felt he could have made a difference in the forward line.

Today if he did not play Reid and his replacement had a quiet game. Then afterwards some people would wonder whether we should have gambled on him.
It's not the fact he was injured, he could not compete.

He had no power, no stability . That wasn't something he could play with

Remove this Banner Ad

Back