Coach John Longmire - Part IV

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
Oh! oops my bad crazy how quickly its gone.

;)

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
What do ppl think reckon we will get another crack at it in Franklin final years? i want him to win a flag as a Swan.

I think we'll attempt to set ourselves up for a crack at it in the next few years during this upcoming trade period. Whether or not Buddy plays out his contract is another matter and will be something that will be taken into account as the club plans.

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
What do ppl think reckon we will get another crack at it in Franklin final years? i want him to win a flag as a Swan.

I think we are definitely looking good for a crack in a couple of years. Look at the team we put out last week and think how many won't be on the list in three years time. I'd say Kennedy and Rampe would be the ones you wouldn't expect to still see, but basically everyone else will still be 30 or under, if not still under 25, in three years time. Guys like Aliir, Heeney, Mills, Hewett, Dawson, Papley etc. are all still sub-100 game players and are establishing themselves as long term leaders.

We have quality young players establishing themselves in every position, bar ruck. Address that, and put 50 more games experience in to the players and you have a team that is in prime position to create another sustained period of success.

Last edited:

struggle to 300 games let alone a flag

Ahh well..looks like were in for the same old same old for the forseeable future....one positive is that it shows incresidible stability foe the club

agree and that north cant land anyone

He was great last week and it showed he was prepared to take a punt on the kid in there after he had failed miserably as a half forward in his previous couple of outings.

Don't think he failed miserably.

Back