Coach John Longmire - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaw won't be back. McVeigh will get the job , i have no doubt.

Longmire has 3 more years after this season

I doubt they have promised McVeigh the job in 2024?

Their list is 1.2 years older than ours and is +13 games experience per player more.

They should really be doing better than us.

You taking the piss with those minuscule differences or you serious?

I’m not saying we should have Shaw either just curious

You taking the piss with those minuscule differences or you serious?

I’m not saying we should have Shaw either just curious

Over a full extra year of experience on a list isn’t minuscule.

I’d go further to add that a lot of our older player which drag our averages up are sitting on the sidelines for one reason or another (Rampe, Franklin, Kennedy until recently, Naismith, Grey, Aliir and throw in Heeney and Hewett for best 22 players).

We are running with 8 players 21 or under last game, they were I think I counted 4.

Anyways I’ve got work to do and I’ve given more analysis than necessary.

They should be doing better than us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their list is 1.2 years older than ours and is +13 games experience per player more.

They should really be doing better than us.
Assume those differences are based off the AFL lists at the start of the year.. When you lose Buddy and Rampe our age profile and games played drops even further.

Adelaide have same age and three less games played on average than us. Fremantle are also similar. Gold Coast are the youngest and least experienced.

Given where theses teams sit on the ladder it shows that age and experience plays a part.

However countering that Hawthorn are old and experienced but they are just rubbish.

Over a full extra year of experience on a list isn’t minuscule.

I’d go further to add that a lot of our older player which drag our averages up are sitting on the sidelines for one reason or another (Rampe, Franklin, Kennedy until recently, Naismith, Grey, Aliir and throw in Heeney and Hewett for best 22 players).

We are running with 8 players 21 or under last game, they were I think I counted 4.

Anyways I’ve got work to do and I’ve given more analysis than necessary.

They should be doing better than us.

don’t even disagree just found that amusing, I may also be going insane :p

We are one win up with the 2nd worst percentage
The coach many didn't want is 1 win up on one that many wanted in his place & one who doesn't seem to have a definitive game plan according to some commentators.
Yeah that points to us dodging a bullet which is what my post was about after reading that article.

The coach many didn't want is 1 win up on one that many wanted in his place & one who doesn't seem to have a definitive game plan according to some commentators.
Yeah that points to us dodging a bullet which is what my post was about after reading that article.

could be slightly worse than s**t

dodged it ;)

in all seriousness wonder if swapping coaches would make a difference , neither has the cattle right now

could be slightly worse than sh*t

dodged it ;)

in all seriousness wonder if swapping coaches would make a difference , neither has the cattle right now
Yes, but why not start, like GWS game, and try to play that way every week.

Our 22 will never get that 100 minutes back and they learned nothing, nothing at all except we only lost by 7 goals and we can only score 3 goals.

They did learnt that.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yes, but why not start, like GWS game, and try to play that way every week.

Our 22 will never get that 100 minutes back and they learned nothing, nothing at all except we only lost by 7 goals and we can only score 3 goals.

They did learnt that.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

They played like s**t , it happens

how they play this week at the start will tell us more imo

could be slightly worse than sh*t

dodged it ;)

Well I think North thought they had a more advanced list than ours & after the way North finished the year under Shaw after he took over from Scott, one would be forgiven for thinking they were expected to make the finals with the benefit of having Shaw for a full season.
Yep, the novelty has quickly worn off Shaw & in hindsight he should have stayed an assistant a little longer learning the art of coaching. Not necessarily with us either. I hope things turn because he will be treated like Bolton was.

Well I think North thought they had a more advanced list than ours & after the way North finished the year under Shaw after he took over from Scott, one would be forgiven for thinking they were expected to make the finals with the benefit of having Shaw for a full season.
Yep, the novelty has quickly worn off Shaw & in hindsight he should have stayed an assistant a little longer learning the art of coaching. Not necessarily with us either. I hope things turn because he will be treated like Bolton was.

Ted, you were just s**t stirring the anti Longmire camp!

Look at Norfs injury list , its very BAD.

Feel sorry for Shaw. But he s**t in his bed for bucks and fame - Norfs!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back