Coach John Longmire - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

I have mentioned this a few times.
Careful, facts p.ss people on here off.

Ted

Is it that you

- disagreed with the reasons for the recruitment?
- object to the terms of the deal?
- are merely pointing out that the heavy backend nature of deal places some limits on current trading /recruiting activity?
- annoyed that Buddy is not playing regularly at present?

-all the above?
What is your position statement on the matter?

(I don't read a lot here and missed many years of banter, so just curious to understand your issue(s). Also to piss some people off who think they can yabba about allsorts but you apparently cannot? or ought not ?)

I have mentioned this a few times.
Careful, facts p.ss people on here off.
Facts state we are not the only club to pay one player a lot but yeh......whatever.

Ted

Is it that you

- disagreed with the reasons for the recruitment?
- object to the terms of the deal?
- are merely pointing out that the heavy backend nature of deal places some limits on current trading /recruiting activity?
- annoyed that Buddy is not playing regularly at present?

-all the above?
What is your position statement on the matter?

(I don't read a lot here and missed many years of banter, so just curious to understand your issue(s). Also to piss some people off who think they can yabba about allsorts but you apparently cannot? or ought not ?)
In short.
-Buddy was a great get.
-Most of us discussed on here that the later part of the contract will hurt us if he couldn’t play out the last two or three years.

-HERE IT IS!
I now have been saying it is not helping our list management every time people blame other reasons only. But we discussed this scenario back in the beginning. Please stop it Ted.
Please stop. WTF?

Let me add, as a supporter I have no regrets about recruiting him. Not unhappy where we are at.
Others are but I wonder why? Oh wait every team has a player on a million.
For FS he is on $1.5M to sit out & "educate" our young from the sidelines. How? He is a player not a coach.

Elephant in the room & all that.

Let me add, as a supporter I have no regrets about recruiting him. Not unhappy where we are at.
For FS he is on $1.5M to sit out & "educate" our young from the sidelines. How? He is a player not a coach.

I gather you are providing me background info about what others have argued.
Do I understand that because some other players reportedly on $1 million that some here do not understand or fully grasp the downside of a heavy back ended contract of that magnitude on future recruiting activity?

I get the impression you think Franklin will sit out his final 2 years? This is contrary to the statements made and Buddy seemed to be training hard preseason and wanting to play? I suspect there will be some more injury or downtime , but think he will do his best to play in future?

Also actually none of us really know the extent of the contract. I suspect even expect some performance based component, but I do not know.

It is what it is.
Thanks. I just wanted to try and understand why the hostility or argument was about.:)

Your not a member ?

I suspect most understand and accept the cap position Buddy contract has us in as it has been raised by plenty of people without issue. I think the messenger is the issue in this case.

No he is not. He is paid that to primarily play a contact sport that carries with it the risk of injury both temporary and permanent. And he attracts a premium as the preeminent forward of his time, if not all time. He is literally the biggest name in a sport, that is worth billions in normal times, and has been for over a decade. That is why he is paid along with secondary roles as ambassador and general all around marketing tool.

Stop lying and continually changing your argument.

You are forever expressing angst about where we are at because of Franklin and his impact on the list. Ad nauseam actually. To say otherwise is a lie, a bald faced lie. Again you flail around changing your lines trying to get a hit in and then will ultimate retreat with a its only a joke" when called out for the lying.

This is exhibit 10,000 in a new argument to change the conclave of opinions you discard on a frequent basis to suit yourself.

In any event if you cannot understand how a player like Franklin can influence "our young" from wherever then you have lost it completely or know nothing anyway but hey - you do you and please keep talking. Magical stuff.

No he is not. He is paid that to primarily play a contact sport that carries with it the risk of injury both temporary and permanent. And he attracts a premium as the preeminent forward of his time, if not all time. He is literally the biggest name in a sport, that is worth billions in normal times, and has been for over a decade. That is why he is paid along with secondary roles as ambassador and general all around marketing tool.

You are forever expressing angst about where we are at because of Franklin and his impact on the list. Ad nauseam actually. To say otherwise is a lie, a bald faced lie. Again you flail around changing your lines trying to get a hit in and then will ultimate retreat with a its only a joke" when called out for the lying.

This is exhibit 10,000 in a new argument to change the conclave of opinions you discard on a frequent basis to suit yourself.

In any event if you cannot understand how a player like Franklin can influence "our young" from wherever then you have lost it completely or know nothing anyway but hey - you do you and please keep talking. Magical stuff.
WRONG!
AGAIN!

Bit harsh on Tedward but your points are well made. I too am sick of it and it is just wrong. We paid unders early on and Bud is copping the catch up. There are other players on high salaries at the Club. Ted never considers this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else think Dean Cox is modelling his media style on John Longmire? The cadence, the pauses, the appropriate cliches ("someone gets an opportunity") and the respectful knowledge of opponents pre-match. I also like that they have animated discussions. Good leaders don't want yes-men.

Why wouldn’t he I guess! Horse just about the best in the business at handling the media.

Horse and Dean Cox in the coaches box remind me of me and my wife when we were lost driving in Spain.

It’s funny to watch but it also probably draws out the best performance in both of them.

Have been enjoying watching them!

It’s funny to watch but it also probably draws out the best performance in both of them.

Wish I could have recorded that particular event, You could have heard me repeatedly say "sorry but I'm on the wrong side of the car, wrong side of the road and in case you haven't noticed I don't speak Spanish", bit like Cox saying "sorry Horse I'm not the forwards coach but yell at me anyway"

Reminds me a bit of Eade towards the end of his tenure at Sydney... though Longmire and Eade have very different personalities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back