Coach John Longmire - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Smartest in the way he distracts what the journo's want to ask .

Gotcha

Thought you were administering IQ tests

He is quite affable with the media I’d agree

Cox seems to have had a positive influence on the club.

Cox seems to have had a positive influence on the club.
Big Cox certainly isn't giving us the shaft, that's for sure. Seems to have a nice head on him too, which is what you need in the coaching department

Big Cox certainly isn't giving us the shaft, that's for sure. Seems to have a nice head on him too, which is what you need in the coaching department

Thank god Dick isn't still on our list

Is this a reality of where we are. Is it talent, coaching, structure, game style?

For goalless quarters, club by club it's

Adelaide - 11
Sydney - 11
Fremantle - 10
Carlton - 9
North Melbourne - 9
Richmond - 9
Brisbane Lions - 8
Melbourne - 8
Hawthorn - 7
St.Kilda - 7
Collingwood - 6
Gold Coast - 6
GWS Giants - 6
Port Adelaide - 5
Western Bulldogs - 5
West Coast - 4
Essendon - 3
Geelong - 3

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Is this a reality of where we are. Is it talent, coaching, structure, game style?

Adelaide - 11
Sydney - 11
Fremantle - 10
Carlton - 9
North Melbourne - 9
Richmond - 9
Brisbane Lions - 8
Melbourne - 8
Hawthorn - 7
St.Kilda - 7
Collingwood - 6
Gold Coast - 6
GWS Giants - 6
Port Adelaide - 5
Western Bulldogs - 5
West Coast - 4
Essendon - 3
Geelong - 3

I think it's the ebb and flow of a really young team. It's more likely that we have a goalless than a goal every quarter, which as a coach you would be doing your best to coach out of a young team.

Adelaide - 11
Sydney - 11
Fremantle - 10
Carlton - 9
North Melbourne - 9
Richmond - 9
Brisbane Lions - 8
Melbourne - 8
Hawthorn - 7
St.Kilda - 7
Collingwood - 6
Gold Coast - 6
GWS Giants - 6
Port Adelaide - 5
Western Bulldogs - 5
West Coast - 4
Essendon - 3
Geelong - 3

Yep it is where we are at.

Lot of improving on talent, coaching, structure and game style to go but at least the game style is improving.

We have 5 wins this year - 3 of them against the sides below us on the ladder and to be fair they are basket cases at the moment.

The other wins have come against teams on the slide - GWS is mystifying to me but their form is so bad (and we beat them in their real slump) they just dumped their captian and Melbourne......well they are Melbourne.

That sounds like I am diminishing the wins and it is not my intention, any win we got this year is to be lauded given injuries, the list and age profile so great stuff but we should have open eyes about who we beat and how.

Adelaide we went really well then snuck home. Could have lost it if Walker kicks straight.

Lolnorf - good win, I though we would lose as I overrated their side. Hindsight says they are complete trash and have had injury issues of their own to be fair

Hawks - trash side, s**t blokes, ******* a-hole supporters. Also kicked 7.11 against us. If they kick vaguely straight we lose but still we beat the pricks so * them hahahaha

Giants - basket case and if they were a racehorse they would be put down after a stewards inquiry. A NEAFL side would have a hope at the moment. Still you can only play what turns up so great stuff

Melbourne - fair cop and great win. Melbourne did what they could be we outlasted them and they were desperate for finals so well done all

Again not diminishing the wins, I celebrate them all, just goig in with eyes open is all.

Edited GWS dumped the captain...I had coach as a typo

Last edited:

I think that is an indicator of a midfield that is getting beaten. It's mighty hard to kick goals if your forwards are starved of possession.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide - 11
Sydney - 11
Fremantle - 10
Carlton - 9
North Melbourne - 9
Richmond - 9
Brisbane Lions - 8
Melbourne - 8
Hawthorn - 7
St.Kilda - 7
Collingwood - 6
Gold Coast - 6
GWS Giants - 6
Port Adelaide - 5
Western Bulldogs - 5
West Coast - 4
Essendon - 3
Geelong - 3

Youth + inexperience = lack of consistency

Adelaide - 11
Sydney - 11
Fremantle - 10
Carlton - 9
North Melbourne - 9
Richmond - 9
Brisbane Lions - 8
Melbourne - 8
Hawthorn - 7
St.Kilda - 7
Collingwood - 6
Gold Coast - 6
GWS Giants - 6
Port Adelaide - 5
Western Bulldogs - 5
West Coast - 4
Essendon - 3
Geelong - 3

Only 2 more than a Richmond team who have had their first choice attack all season so not that bad

And no forward line
Damn right. We really need to fix that little detail. Let's hope we don't sell the farm for Daniher, basically a less reliable version of Reid but two years younger and only just reaching his peak injury years. A forward line of Reid, Daniher and Buddy with Naismith drifting forward would be pretty effective, for one Saturday every four years when the stars align and we get all of them on the park. Most times we'll be relying on Tom Papley and Lewis Taylor with our mids lobbing it high inside 50 and half our player cap enjoying a brew in the stands.

Damn right. We really need to fix that little detail. Let's hope we don't sell the farm for Daniher, basically a less reliable version of Reid but two years younger and only just reaching his peak injury years. A forward line of Reid, Daniher and Buddy with Naismith drifting forward would be pretty effective, for one Saturday every four years when the stars align and we get all of them on the park. Most times we'll be relying on Tom Papley and Lewis Taylor with our mids lobbing it high inside 50 and half our player cap enjoying a brew in the stands.
Horse thread

"I had my best mate move up which played a massive part as well as the boys at the club… but probably the biggest part was 'Horse' (Longmire).

"The care and the role he's given me, he's just a genuine good man. He's caring, very passionate and invested in where the club wants to go and I love that about him. He was a very big reason for why I stayed."
"When I told Horse he was over the moon and I told the boys. I'm pretty invested in everything I do and I give my all in everything I do and I think I've shown that this year."
"It's just playing it year by year and if I am struggling then talking to someone, whether it's to my mates or to Horse or to the psychologist, just keep working through whatever's going on," he said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back