Coach John Longmire

Is it time to think about a change up top?

• No - I don't want to financially cripple the club

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Once again no plan B or C. We have bigger bodies and are quicker than Hawthorn, so when they try and play keepings off , we needed to go man on man, but that's not our way. It was a stubborn coaching performance, to go along with our skill errors.

Fair call. Of course the season aint over 'til it's over. Of course the box and list need a rethink.

The Saints all those years ago got it right when opting for Rossy over Horse. We would have one maybe two more GFs.

How can you claim, and there are more then a few, that we will (not might) play finals.

We lost to the Pies, Blues and ravaged Hawks.

There are too many poor games. Where is the streak coming from. We started 'the streak' against the Lions, norf and our best game against the Saints.

One more game before the bye against a team with many players out, and we stunk.

There will not be finals this year. We will play many more poor games this year. 10-12. Tigers will be ninth.

Someone within the club, not a Longmire acolyte, or an independent footy person, and needs to clearly separate the players and coaches and find the true feelings about the game style.

Are the players unhappy about the results or are the players unhappy about coaching, and we have about 8 of them.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

How can you claim, and there are more then a few, that we will (not might) play finals.

There are too many poor games. Where is the streak coming from. We started 'the streak' against the Lions, norf and our best game against the Saints.

One more game before the bye against a team with many players out, and we stunk.

There will not be finals this year. We will play many more poor games this year. 10-12. Tigers will be ninth.

Someone within the club, not a Longmire acolyte, or an independent footy person, and needs to clearly separate the players and coaches and find the true feelings about the game style.

Are the players unhappy about the results or are the players unhappy about coaching, and we have about 8 of them.

Why even bother mentioning the Tigers WTFDWFT

Because if 2 blokes weren't knocked senseless last night, even with our diabolical start, we'd have won by a minimum 6 goals. Even losing another 4, we'd make it.

I think we are a good side. A very good side. Where we've had poor starts this year so far, an absence of personnel has meant we haven't come back. We've had those poor starts in previous seasons and won the games.

You can have a Plan Z, but you're still going to struggle to win if you have less numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once again no plan B or C. We have bigger bodies and are quicker than Hawthorn, so when they try and play keepings off , we needed to go man on man, but that's not our way. It was a stubborn coaching performance, to go along with our skill errors.
Soooooooo nothing to do with being one down after a minute of play and two down after half time then????

No forward line for an entire half of football and we almost won off Buddy's boot.

Reid and Rohan both playing defence because Melican was getting his ass handed to him.

Losing two players really hurt our chances but we lost this one during the week leading up to the game.
Who was beating Melican then. Maybe answer in your blog.

The way I see it is pretty simple. We are one of the only teams who largely play a one on one set-up and not zoned.

This is a point of difference and works well for us if the entire team can keep to the structure. If we don't then it can be hard to get the ball back off the opposition if they kick and mark well (which Hawthorn can).

I am not sold on using mainly a zone defence and prefer that we stick to one on one, but when playing certain teams it needs to be implemented flawlessly in order to work.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Longmire managed to keep team up top 4 for number years now, but the current game plan doesn't hold up with so many kids in the team against well drilled and organised sides. I think the fact we haven't had many changes in coaches box in while now and unable to recruit any experienced players since buddy deal means swans are very predictable with less news ideas and information game plans etc from rival clubs meaning game plan hasn't evolved quick enough. I back Longmire to reload and tweak the game plan by next year but this year looks like going to be a lot of up and downs as it is hard gauge what is working and what is not with so many kids in the team just being caught out due lack experience.

Oh dear God. Lloyd and Reid don't get knocked out and we win that game by 8 goals not playing well. Guess what. Sides don't play well every week. People saying we have no counter to the keepings off game? Clearly we do. Both against Hawthorn and Collingwood we came back. But sometimes it's a game of inches. Towers doesn't cop a shocker of a decision and we win the game even with the 2 concussions.

We'll still make finals.
You cannot be serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back