Official Club Stuff John Nicholls Medal 2017 - Congrats Marc Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly Congratulations Murph, was it just me, or did anybody else pick up on Bolts speech directed at the players, the non mention of Gibbs when he was handing out individual accolades?? Bryce finished forth overall, surely a mention for a solid season was worthy??
Not sure Bryce really shows much leadership off the field, which is why I've found him being vice-captain a little puzzling.

I'm happy for someone to state or prove otherwise, but if you go back through the Journey footage, outside commentary and whatever other observations we can cobble together, we barely see anything from Bryce compared to the rest of the leadership group.

If he's actively telling them to edit his parts out to give others more of a platform that's amazing, but I doubt it.

I thought Kreuzer was in AA reckoning all season so not sure early consistency was his issue. I do think his impact was greater than anybody else and he deserved the gong. However our B&F really does hinge on the little things that coaches notice.

Also Murph had his detractors on BF this year and that presence probably told people he wasn't as good as they thought he was. We talked ourselves out of the prospect of him winning.

So everyone here thinks Murph was our best player for the year?
Honestly?
Ok
I don't think anyone is saying that Doc and Kruez didn't have stellar years. The silence you are experiencing in my view is a recognition that Murph also had a great year. We have to get used to more than one person having a great year, it's what will happen as we become a better team.

There are so many positives out of this year for the team. Don't let an individual award overshadow that.

BnFs are subjective and as a result decisions can surprise us.

Congratulations Murphy. Had a consistent year and deserved the B&F. Some of the comments are a bit disappointing imo.
This, we are Carlton about time we all get behind our skipper no matter who it is. Well done Murph.

Unless I missed it, which I doubt. No mention of Gibbs yesterday by our coach in his speech. He mentioned nearly every player who had a decent season. Small and insignificant point but does not sit well with me.

Last night was the perfect example of why you shouldn't drink and post.
Firstly I've now got a killer headache and secondly gee I carried on a bit didn't I.
Oh well, congrats to Murph

Think i'll have a lie down.

It certainly was and yes you did.

Well I reckon you're all wrong :rolleyes:
No one to back me up
Softcocks :D

So our own POTY awards had Kruez and Doc comfortably ahead of Murph, yet no one here prepared to put there plums on the line and back me up.
As I suspected.....
Soft

Btw..no one has yet been able to say why he had a better year than Kruez or Doc.
Just sayin
Good night

So everyone here thinks Murph was our best player for the year?
Honestly?
Ok

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think anyone is saying that Doc and Kruez didn't have stellar years. The silence you are experiencing in my view is a recognition that Murph also had a great year. We have to get used to more than one person having a great year, it's what will happen as we become a better team.

There are so many positives out of this year for the team. Don't let an individual award overshadow that.

BnFs are subjective and as a result decisions can surprise us.
Murphy had more games than anyone else where he got coaches votes. One more than kruse and double next player.
He was always going to be hard beat

Bolton has done a great job with the more experienced players - Kreuzer/Gibbs/Murphy all put in very consistent efforts especially in the later parts of the season when Cripps and Ed being out left a bare midfield. Congratulations to the leaders in keeping it all together under difficult conditions. Jones' efforts were extraordinary and welcomed by all.

I hope Gibbs stays and SOS adds a couple of decent bigger bodied mids to the side - those 7 games lost after hitting the lead in the final quarter might have different results next year.

Go Blues.

Without creating multiple enemies on his thread, I just want to know who thought Murph was our best player this year....and why.
I'm sorry but I just can't comprehend it.
Wrong result. Kruezer. The End.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back