Official Club Stuff John Nicholls Medal 2019 - Congratulations Patrick Cripps

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone tell me the voting process- and who gets to vote. Seems strange that Crippa had to come from behind and only narrowly won.

No, it just seems some of the people on here don't watch very closely.
Exactly what I thought when I saw his 3rd placement. Had a great year.

Can someone tell me the voting process- and who gets to vote. Seems strange that Crippa had to come from behind and only narrowly won.
Crippa had a much lower output in the second half of the year than the first.
He even missed the Freeo game which you could argue Curnow was BoG.

Cripps is a champ but sometimes gets so much of the spotlight a few down games from him and great games from others don't register as much.

If Gibbo is in the top 10 next year, something will have gone horribly wrong.
Or right a top 10 finish for a player doesn't mean others under peformed.
Maybe he is given a job each week, does it well, gets votes, finishes 9th....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, if Gibbo gets to Kane Lambert's level, then something amazing has happened
Why?
Don’t be blinded by the output of a player who has now played five seasons in the AFL in comparison to Gibbon’s in his first.
Gibbons output this year matched or bettered anything Lambert put up in his first two seasons.
Took Lambert until his third season (a premiership year) to establish himself as a high caliber AFL player.
Gibbons is a quality footballer, his qualities as a footballer will only be enhanced as the quality of the team he plays with improves also.
Just as Lambert’s did.

Who would have thought Cas had a top 5 finish in him this time last year.
Have been banging on about him being a good player in a better side, we got to see parts of that during the season.

Never thought a top 5 finish in the B&F, bloody brilliant that it has happened.

The venom that gets showered on Plow should almost be cardable.

The guy applies himself selflessly to all manner of types of forwards and for the most part comes out on top. It may not always go his way, but playing difficult roles when (at times in the year) the ball is coming in a bazillion miles an hour, the guy is borderline heroic at times. It's great to see him get some recognition.

Pretty special effort from Crippa. Wins his 3rd B&F after just 101 games. Will end up a Carlton great

Has only played 4 full seasons.

Won a B&F in 3 of them!

And the 4th, he managed the 2nd highest clearance avg in history as well as 27 touches and 7 tackles per game. Was beaten by Sammy Doc who made the AA team. Not exactly a poor season.

What he has done at this age is absurd. I'm telling you (and warning the rest of the comp) he hasn't even hit his peak yet!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back