Toast John Nicholls Medal 2020 - Congrats Jacob Weitering!

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't remember anyone really beating Weitering this year, perhaps the Port forwards beating him and Jones, but I would say that was more structure by the coaching staff

If both Weitering and Jones remain healthy this year, we are in for a big season

Weitering and Jones are the Number 1 and Number 2 ranked, one of one contested defenders in the AFL.

Haven't read the whole thread but think that it might have been another prolific poster.

Gee we sure do throw that term prolific around .....

Wasn't there someone on here sometime back saying that he couldn't play through pain and intimating that he was a bit soft? Not sure who it was but I imagine that their face is fully covered in egg.
His body language was poor in the early years. That's what development entails, working in areas of the game to improve.

Wasn't there someone on here sometime back saying that he couldn't play through pain and intimating that he was a bit soft? Not sure who it was but I imagine that their face is fully covered in egg.
I said that his body language was poor after a slight knock/injury and needed to improve in this area to become a better player

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't remember anyone really beating Weitering this year, perhaps the Port forwards beating him and Jones, but I would say that was more structure by the coaching staff

If both Weitering and Jones remain healthy this year, we are in for a big season
Think we left Jones on Dixon for too long that game? Should have used weitering (who was on the young blonde guy and dominated him?)

Getting really really antsy about McKay and crippa.......
Obviously I want both Harry and Cripps to stay but I've been keeping a rather positive approach to this whole situation, and I suggest everyone does too.

Whether they stay or leave is out of our control, but winning games and making finals should be a must. If one or both decide to leave, either way I'm sure we'll get very good compensation.

However, let's cross that bridge when we come to it, and focus on the present for now.

Obviously I want both Harry and Cripps to stay but I've been keeping a rather positive approach to this whole situation, and I suggest everyone does too.

Whether they stay or leave is out of our control, but winning games and making finals should be a must. If one or both decide to leave, either way I'm sure we'll get very good compensation.

Let's cross that bridge when we come to it, focus on the present for now.

I need to attach the flamesuit for this one, Harry is more important than Crippa.

I need to attach the flamesuit for this one, Harry is more important than Crippa.
No need, I agree too.

A 23 year old, 205cm+ KPF with the speed and athleticism of Harry is extraordinary. Every team needs a tall forward who can kick 50+ year on year, however not every team needs an elite inside mid like Crippa.

With big recruit Williams, Setterfield and Walsh primed for a breakout year, some great development out of Dow/Stocker/Kemp etc, and whatever compensation we get from the potential Cripps trade, we would have more than enough midfield talent to be a premiership contender.

It's almost frightening to think that Jonesy was pretty much on the scrap heap during the 2017 season. Playing VFL and it was only a move to defence where he resurrected his career.
These days we'd be absolutely nackered without the big fella in our back half.
My fave Blues player :thumbsu::)

Even more so if Cripps goes backwards as much as he did last year.......

He won't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back