Toast John Nicholls Medal 2020 - Congrats Jacob Weitering!

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
DATE: Saturday 6th February 2021 - UPDATE:- Friday 19th Feb

VENUE: Crown Palladium

With protocols relating to public gatherings early next year still unknown, tickets are not yet available for purchase, however the Club is pleased to open up an expression of interest exclusively for Carlton members.

Member Registration form:-

Last edited:

Walsh to be the first player in AFL history to win two best and fairest in the same year.

I honestly believe Ed Curnow will win it, he had a very very good, consistent and hard working 2019 season, which I am sure The ccaches and match committee value very highly.

Taking nothing away from Walsh, who was outstanding and plays well beyond his tender years, but I think Ed takes home the B and F, if you assess his whole year from a consistency and coach pleasing perspective.

I honestly believe Ed Curnow will win it, he had a very very good, consistent and hard working 2019 season, which I am sure The ccaches and match committee value very highly.

Taking nothing away from Walsh, who was outstanding and plays well beyond his tender years, but I think Ed takes home the B and F, if you assess his whole year from a consistency and coach pleasing perspective.
I agree. I think it'll be very close between Ed and Weiters for 2020.

This year, I just have a gut feeling Walsh will really assert himself in the league and even as a AA squad member. He's a good chance to take home the b&f, and at the very young age of 21 too. What an absolute machine.

Weitering is my tip.
Ed will poll very well as will Walsh but I feel as though Weiters had the most consistent year out of the three. Ed slowed down in the latter part of the year and Walsh started a little slow and came home hard. They will be the top 3 imo.

Weitering to take it. Walsh had a sluggish start and I think also will be splitting 2nd and 3rd between he and Ed. Jack Martin to poll relatively well, same with Setters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 days to go until they announce Cripps' and McKay's new contract.
Pretty sure we are announcing the BigFooty POTY awards on the night as well. Any chance of confirmation please Aphrodite?

thylacine60 the early favourite for a Lifetime Wasted Award given he was probably posting on this site before it was even created.

Numb3rs to be inducted into the After Dark Hall Of Fame as a legend.

Is just a bit odd doing this now, feel sorry for who ever is lucky enough to win it because they will be quickly forgotten.. Feels like it is just a money grab, because they could have presented it at the season launch.

Is just a bit odd doing this now, feel sorry for who ever is lucky enough to win it because they will be quickly forgotten.. Feels like it is just a money grab, because they could have presented it at the season launch.

How is it a 'money grab' when only LIMITED tickets were sold.

Cain Liddle:-

“We made that decision while we were in the hub last year. We had two of our greats, Kade Simpson and Matthew Kreuzer, both announce their retirements.

“We put our heads together and we had this real fear that two of our greatest players were going to go out with a sayonara over a Zoom call which no one felt all that comfortable about. We made the call at the time to push it back to February and hope that things have improved in our ability to get everyone together.

Sorry mate but this is rubbish. Held on so we could exit Simmo and Kreuz and an attendable function. Probably aware they could build on the excitement of eliminated debt. No one will be forgotten. Money grab? Please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back