CAREER MATCHES:43
CAREER GOALS: 24

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
tough as nails and overcame a lot with his twin brother. a decent field kick, loves to run and kick long from 50 but i doubt he has the ability to transition into an afl player. not really a midfielder, not really a forward.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
Apparently endurance and speed which is a rare combo Hyne reckons and that re.. if he wasn't available at pick 14 we would have passed.

The highlights of him look good. From what I saw not a long kick. Looks very nifty though.

180cm
22 yrs

If he has endurance AND speed and they mean that legitimately, I'd be looking for him to kick Phillips out of the side post haste because he already has one thing on him.

I doubt this kid's disposal could be worse than Phillips'.

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
Curious as to why the club with the deepest midfield in the AFL picked up another midfielder in the mid season draft.

In a season where once again, half our defensive stocks are depleted.

o_O
Deep isn't fast, look at the wheels on the kid, guarantee you he's faster than every mid we've got sans Treloar.

Stifler's mom

Premium Platinum
Jan 29, 2007
Glen Iris
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
liverpool - Walk On!
If he has endurance AND speed and they mean that legitimately, I'd be looking for him to kick Phillips out of the side post haste because he already has one thing on him.

I doubt this kid's disposal could be worse than Phillips'.

I think it’s just the two of us who aren’t fans.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Curious as to why the club with the deepest midfield in the AFL picked up another midfielder in the mid season draft.

In a season where once again, half our defensive stocks are depleted.

o_O

Would you prefer they take someone they don't rate as highly or see with the same medium longer term potential?

We don't have a Ton of Players with Speed and Take the Game On so I can see why they took him.

Sound Simlar too Pickett type

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
I think it’s just the two of us who aren’t fans.

Just not sure what kind of value you provide when your only genuine asset as a footballer is....endurance.

Not speed
Not elite disposal
Not strength
Not good hands
Not good decision making

Just....endurance

We’ve got 48 players on our list now ...

... 38 senior list on the club’s website
... 8 rookie list on the club’s website
... add Tom Wilson (not on any of the lists above)
... add John Noble

Surely that must be some kind of record?

Is he coming in as a mid? Perhaps we wait and see before pigeonholing commences.

FWIW this looks like cover for Wells.
Do you really think we need cover for Wells from the senior ranks of lesser competitions? I’d be surprised if we didn’t just pick the player with the best chance of making it with a decent amount of potential to be a good AFL player in any position.

I doubt he’s going to step in and be an immediate upgrade on Sier, Daicos, Wills etc. Hopefully medium-term though.

Just not sure what kind of value you provide when your only genuine asset as a footballer is....endurance.

Not speed
Not elite disposal
Not strength
Not good hands
Not good decision making

Just....endurance
I don't think that's really true. His positioning and decision-making are pretty good, and his hands at ground level are pretty good too. Now, if he could just improve his disposals and awareness we'd have a seriously great player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back