Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Really liked his effort yesterday, which stood out amongst some very ordinary performances from a lot of the team. He's given us some pace and dash and he's now seemingly adjusted to the pressure of top level footy and has lost the deer in the headlights look he had in the first couple of games he had this year.

His kicking and disposal in general struck me as being more 'not particularly good' as distinct from 'bad'. By that I mean I struggle to think of too many of his disposals that were pinpoint or especially constructive, but also that he had relatively few turnovers or outright shockers. Rather, I recall a lot of general long kicks to packs and the like.

Yeah, I think its so easy to forget that it was his only 12th game. That until last May, he was playing SANFL.

Its easy to forget with his mature age and body. Most players don't show what they can really do until their 50th game. He's come a long way since that first game against Eagles last year in perth.

I’ve liked him since I saw him play at Werribee in the VFL last year. Has attributes and is a solid role player who has development still left in him.

If we get 100 games out of him that would be a good return

Really exciting young player, good pace, run and carry, decent footskills and decision making. Just getting it done at the moment and promising more to come.
yeah, he really has improved a lot since he debuted against the eagles in perth last year.

To be fair his form is far better now than it was in the first part of the season.
The young man is still a pup afl wise, so learning will take time. For he has been good since he debuted. Confidence will come to take the game on.
With steel and Mayne out was hoping they play him on the wing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked him since game 1 have not understood the ppl who knock him
Ive been a fan since his very first VFL game. He was a good luck charm. Every game he played we won (til the very last game, but that was not his fault) and then his DEBUT AFL game, was v Eagles in Perth. We won. Love what he brings to the team.
He isn't perfect. Mistakes happen, but when people see just last year he was playing SANFL, his journey became much later because of physical development took a lot longer than most being he was a premi when born.
So yes, he isn't perfect, but his good definitely outweighs any bad.

These are the absolute best stories in footy and they're the reason why I cheer harder for the Josh Smiths, Sam Dwyers and Brody Mihoceks of the world.

There are no guarantees for these guys and they aren't handed silver service entry to the AFL straight out of school, but they double down and work their arses off to achieve their footy dreams.

If you're a parent, tell your kids to look up to Johnny and Checkers. There are your footy role models right there.

If you're a parent, tell your kids to look up to Johnny and Checkers. There are your footy life role models right there.

Editted. What Jordy can do on an AFL field doesn't translate particularly to the rest of his life. But what's got those two on to an AFL field does.

Been so impressed with this guy since he came in mid last year. Continues to go from strength to strength. In past years we've had a real lack of small defenders so it's great to have Noble and IQ looking the goods in this role for years to come. Hopefully Bianco can come in next year too.

Have any of the other mid-season draft guys from last year been nearly as good as him? I think he was, naturally, a bit out of his depth as he was thrown in the deep end when he first got here. But with an AFL preseason under his belt and some genuine experience he's come on great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back