Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Have any of the other mid-season draft guys from last year been nearly as good as him? I think he was, naturally, a bit out of his depth as he was thrown in the deep end when he first got here. But with an AFL preseason under his belt and some genuine experience he's come on great.

There was some bloke who made his debut in the Grand Final last year.

I'd still take Noble though!

Absolute keeper this bloke.
Very clever getting way back off the mark for his kick.
Ump calls play on and it takes another second or two off the clock before he kicks it.

Absolute keeper this bloke.
Very clever getting way back off the mark for his kick.
Ump calls play on and it takes another second or two off the clock before he kicks it.
It’s a pretty decent tactic, especially when you consider the standard response by a defender is NOT to run straight at the player in possession but to avoid getting run by, you could probably burn an extra 5-10 seconds by just standing there.

Developing nicely Nobes. Another under the ‘supporters’ microscope often but turning into a good player.
Unfortunately, blokes who arrive with no hype are seen as NQR for a fair while. Any error is seen as evidence of why they weren't hyped, even if they're early games are solid.

Um, has been very good in the defensive role he's currently playing but wouldn't mind, next year that is, running him through the wing to see how he goes.

Um, has been very good in the defensive role he's currently playing but wouldn't mind, next year that is, running him through the wing to see how he goes.
I reckon it's now easier and more important to get run and carry from defence rather than the wing. Thus I think he's more suited to defence, albeit could be a good defensive wingman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still want to see this kid (and Josh Daicos and JT) given a burst through the mids. I think in a year or so he could be a very handy mid who can carry the ball and distribute it decently.

Noble & Mihocek. 2 massive success stories from stage leagues.

Hopefully we get more and more bold with our selections from that level - players come in fairly ready fitness wise, hungry for the opportunity.

But most would not have the Talent to make it.

Could also add Dwyer as someone else we took from the State Leagues that had a Solid(Short) Career with us

Noble & Mihocek. 2 massive success stories from stage leagues.

Hopefully we get more and more bold with our selections from that level - players come in fairly ready fitness wise, hungry for the opportunity.

Is this another whack for Dekka and Ned over not grabbing Riccardi?

Is this another whack for Dekka and Ned over not grabbing Riccardi?

No, in general if we are having success in grabbing players from state leagues, we should continue it.

- Mihocek
- Noble
- Dwyer

The three I can think of, all good players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back