Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Has gone from strength to strength the last 5-6 weeks.
Just makes us a better team.
Balls not staying in the opposition 50 for any time at all. He and N Daicos are just mopping up ground balls and then sprinting off to receive and get it to a contest on the wing.

What a man.

There’s this popular Collingwood fan on Twitter who is always bashing this bloke no matter how well he plays. Only seems to use her platform of ~10,000 followers to bash Noble and Madgen or lash the club when she doesn’t get special treatment on certain things

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t want to be lining up on him if so was an opposition forward.
When he gets it, it’s like watching footy in fast forward.

i'm looking for the old john noble thread.....where did it go?

Balls not staying in the opposition 50 for any time at all. He and N Daicos are just mopping up ground balls and then sprinting off to receive and get it to a contest on the wing.

i know he's been one of our personal favourites for a long time....

Anyone notice how often he and Daicos share it with eachother? They are becoming quite a duo back there working the ball together out of the backline.

Again (as I have said on the Quaynor thread and other threads) it is perplexing that people are calling to put IQ into the midfield and not Noble. Noble is a rover who plays in the backline. He just gets to the contest, gets the ball, and runs forward with it. As good as we've had in the position since Davis and Heath Shaw.

Anyone notice how often he and Daicos share it with eachother? They are becoming quite a duo back there working the ball together out of the backline.

Again (as I have said on the Quaynor thread and other threads) it is perplexing that people are calling to put IQ into the midfield and not Noble. Noble is a rover who plays in the backline. He just gets to the contest, gets the ball, and runs forward with it. As good as we've had in the position since Davis and Heath Shaw.
Yeah I was saying this the other day. He’s like the adopted brother. I can picture them all sitting at Vanilla eating a souv.

He's pale
He's sound
He's four foot off the ground
Johnny Nobes, Johnny Nobes!

Honestly, Noble's incredible improvement is emblematic of the sort of player development I hoped we'd see under Fly, who is a renowned development coach.

Along with the rapid rise of Murphy, Henry, Ginnivan, Cameron, McCreery, and Daicos, and the second comings of Cox and WHE, we really couldn't have asked for anything more in terms of personnel improvement this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back