Player Watch John Noble

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have been arguing it for over a decade that SANFL is overall a higher quality league then VFL these days.

Probably because of the ten Victorian AFL sides diluting the VFL talent pool?

Assuming no injuries and 40 man AFL lists, there are 180 AFL players running around in the VFL every week compared to 36 in the SANFL

I think I read somewhere he’s only played three VFL games.
I also think I read somewhere that the VFL side has won the last three on the trot.

Does he have a 100% winning record at Collingwood? Hope so and may it continue in the seniors!!!!!

Yep not played in a Lost at Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
76CAE25E-A1CB-4EBC-93CD-837AB8EB33E7.gif

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Look at Buckley at the press conference he’s looking on like a proud father.

Consecutive debutants. Who'd have thought? Gives us something else to think about as we stare into the abyss...

Nah, good luck to John, wish him the best and congrats on a fine achievement.

Add Something we been Missing................SPEED

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well done to him. Wasn't a fan of his selection in the mid season draft.... but have watched him in 3 VFL games and the kid is Caleb Daniel like and hard working.

Recall last week how he kicked it in after a behind. Hit the player 30m away with a quick low kick, and then ran at full pace to collect the handball receive on the run from that player.

With that sort of endeavour, the kid wiill have an impact right from game one.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Probably because of the ten Victorian AFL sides diluting the VFL talent pool?

Assuming no injuries and 40 man AFL lists, there are 180 AFL players running around in the VFL every week compared to 36 in the SANFL

Now its very hard to read snark and sarcasm over the interwebs but that first line reeks of it? <<---- Statement-ishy question.

If so I am not sure why you took offence mate? it is, what it is.

And yes you are probably right having more mature players run through the SANFL likely creates a better league overall. Rather then developing lots of 18/19 and 20yo filling half the VFL.

Well done to him. Wasn't a fan of his selection in the mid season draft.... but have watched him in 3 VFL games and the kid is Caleb Daniel like and hard working.

Recall last week how he kicked it in after a behind. Hit the player 30m away with a quick low kick, and then ran at full pace to collect the handball receive on the run from that player.

Why you not a Fan of Picking Him?

Good presser from him. A journo said to him that it must be SURREAL :thumbsdown: and he dodged it. Sounds like the kid actually thinks before he speaks lol

Excellent interview. Sounds like he has a brain in his head too, which wont go astray, especially at the Holden Centre.:rolleyes:

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood

Sounds like what we were after with Murray but seemingly a better kick and more prolific ball winner.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Now its very hard to read snark and sarcasm over the interwebs but that first line reeks of it? <<---- Statement-ishy question.

If so I am not sure why you took offence mate? it is, what it is.

And yes you are probably right having more mature players run through the SANFL likely creates a better league overall. Rather then developing lots of 18/19 and 20yo filling half the VFL.

I think he confused both me and you. He meant the AFL players in the VFL dilutes the VFL listed players in the VFL, not the VFL itself.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
AFL players should be better than VFL/SANFL players.

Well that's debatable when they are still teens vs men. Seen plenty of draftees struggle at VFL level or SANFL level, also there are some players who have talent to match AFL players but fall down in other areas so dont get a look in at AFL lvl but SANFL clubs happy to have them.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well that's debatable when they are still teens vs men. Seen plenty of draftees struggle at VFL level or SANFL level, also there are some players who have talent to match AFL players but fall down in other areas so dont get a look in at AFL lvl but SANFL clubs happy to have them.

They have the more raw talent but not the experience.

Back