Player Watch John Noble

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
Talk about a baptism of fire, welcome to the cauldron Johnny boy, 18 disposals in that heat, take a bow blondie

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
He has been a revelation. Great to see him take his chance and make the most of it. Go forth young man!

He has been a revelation. Great to see him take his chance and make the most of it. Go forth young man!
And when you get to 100 games, multiply!!!

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was hoping we might have just played Noble on the wing as a hell of a lot more responsibility falls on the shoulders of young players from day one of their AFL career if they're required in defence IMO.

Quaynor is in the same boat and when you're starting out just trying to get a kick, trying to adjust to the speed is hard enough let alone being responsible for a forward threat.

Not sure who was on Cameron earlier but if it wasn't Noble then it only makes his performance more noteworthy as when he was moved to Cameron I don't think he got a sniff while Noble kept on presenting himself as an option and impacting contests to the end.

I was hoping we might have just played Noble on the wing as a hell of a lot more responsibility falls on the shoulders of young players from day one of their AFL career if they're required in defence IMO.

Quaynor is in the same boat and when you're starting out just trying to get a kick, trying to adjust to the speed is hard enough let alone being responsible for a forward threat.

Not sure who was on Cameron earlier but if it wasn't Noble then it only makes his performance more noteworthy as when he was moved to Cameron I don't think he got a sniff while Noble kept on presenting himself as an option and impacting contests to the end.
I think Noble was on Liam Ryan earlier... might have been Crisp on Cameron at that point? Not sure.

Crisp played up the ground, Aish was on Cameron early

Then when was he Switched of Cameron.

Aish took the Game on and Early he probably misjudged to go and when as was lot better after 1st Qtr in the Respect

Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham
Our smalls swap their opponents a lot it's hard to keep up unless it's Maynard/Greenwood being given a job. I don't think Cameron was beating his man one out all the time. He got on the end of some 'chaos' balls and converted nicely. I was more worried about a match up for Allen and Darling with Moore out. WHE and Maynard played very well on them undersized but their height caused a few issues for us. On the flipside we got the ball out of defensive 50 easier once we won the ball due to their superior ability on the ground level.

Noble looks like a natural footballer and once he gets more confidence and gels better with the team I think we have a bit of a gem here. Not going overboard yet but a very astute pick up who can play a role for us.

mattwa

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2007
wa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
From a neutral standpoint well done to young noble. Could see he was a real thinker and I dont think his man kicked a goal on him at all. Bucks even moved him onto the danger man and he quelled his influence. Also was pretty clean and moved it fast in possession. Looks like he might be one of bucks favourites very soon.

Back