Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

kallangur pie

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
If he plays the first final it is a hell of a ride in a few months. Playing on suburban ovals in Adelaide to playing in front of 80k on the biggest stage in about a dozen games.
It has been a hell of a ride for him but I think he looks quite at home at this level,I think for a bloke who has only played 3 games he looks very composed with good skills and decision making,we have found one and is definitely a keeper.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Kid shows poise beyond his years/experience. I like the fact he'll take the riskier kicking options. I think we'll see less of those getting cut off like last night as he gains greater appreciation of the pace of senior footy, and that it goes to another level in finals.

Loved his intent, real attacking little footballer. I little hit and miss with the skills but this minor technical fault will settle down given opportunities...

He was not the Worse

Bramax

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Steele doesn't ave much heir left.
Has he changed that much?
ECB06E6E-5DD8-4750-B6E2-FF8802D00AF0.jpeg

NeverWobble

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
A very impressive performance last night I thought. He seems composed but also not afraid to take the initiative and makes decisions quickly. He's gone up quite a few levels in a very short time.
To be honest I didn't notice or remember the clangers/turnovers. I was probably prepared to cut everyone some slack in that regard due to the conditions and finals pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
A very impressive performance last night I thought. He seems composed but also not afraid to take the initiative and makes decisions quickly. He's gone up quite a few levels in a very short time.
To be honest I didn't notice or remember the clangers/turnovers. I was probably prepared to cut everyone some slack in that regard due to the conditions and finals pressure.

Watch his first few kicks in the 1st quarter.

1st one was from the back pocket, went straight onto Ablett's chest (luckily he dropped it).

2nd one was in the same spot, centred the ball to a 2v1 in the middle, Mayne took a tough contested mark. If he drops that it was a certain goal to the Cats.

3rd one was a low flat one that got intercepted by Geelong in the middle.

He has a bright future, but the moment clearly got to him.

May 12, 2014
FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
I'm happy with the attacking intent by foot and aggressive running patterns. Yes, has some errors but nothing I wouldn't expect from a 4 AFL game player.

I hope he continues to be aggressive with his running and kicking off the half back line. Super quick too.

Compare the pair. IMO, Mayne is the alternative type player to Noble. Taller, slower, more experienced, less aggressive intent in relation to his disposals.

Screenshot_20190912-005215.png Screenshot_20190912-005827.png Screenshot_20190912-005927.png Screenshot_20190912-005849.png Screenshot_20190912-005905.png Screenshot_20190912-005927.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Nuwanda

Cancelled
Nov 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood

1st one was from the back pocket, went straight onto Ablett's chest (luckily he dropped it).

2nd one was in the same spot, centred the ball to a 2v1 in the middle, Mayne took a tough contested mark. If he drops that it was a certain goal to the Cats.

Yeah although I think the 2nd incident you point out is actually the game the Pies need to play. That is, take risks in coming back to the middle to break open the field and score. When we do this, we look our best. It doesn’t always come off, however, I think we need to accept that.

I still think the reason why we lost the GF is because once we were 5 goals up, we stopped playing this way and reverted back to the predictable long kicks along the wings which were constantly being marked by McGovern etc.

His execution was a little off due to the pressure - GAJ dropped the mark for the same reason.
However, his decision making was fine.
He’s a keeper, he knows where to run and knows what to do IMO.

NeverWobble

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

Watched the replay and you’re right. Having said that the good outweighed the bad overall.
As others have said I like the intent and agree on the positive signs for the future.
Would like to see Aish take a similar approach if he gets the call up.

LuckyLee

Premiership Player
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Noble and IQ bursting out of defence over the next few years will be exciting to watch! If the can cement their spots, it will free-up Maynard to move into the midfield, to eventually replace Pendles.

rand corp

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
asia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Going remarkably well and will only get better with experience, Noble and IQ coming through makes for exciting times ahead indeed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back