Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Always loved what he brings. He always takes the game on and now, with an attacking game plan he is becoming more lethal. Improving every year and to me, looks like he is going to be an outstanding player in the future
A true footballer , those who understand the game , see it from the start , warts and all , more of this type of recruiting Pies , you know , the ones who can actually kick with penetration and accuracy 7 times out of 10. skill set which adds to the effectiveness of a football side. Well done Nobez. 200 plus game player , enjoy your ride at the Pies 👏

Exceeding my expectations thus far ytd. IMHO the only knocks on him were he was average defensively, below average 1v1, and small for the position. This year he’s improved his defensive accountability, and his tackling has gone through the roof to somewhat redress his 1v1 deficiencies. Entrenched in the 22 until someone surpasses him. We may need to wait to see how Murley develops before we find someone capable of that.

I have always liked him and my only knock was he hurried his disposals.

Keeper for mine and as others have said until someone better comes along.

I always liked before you did. Don't muscle in on my John.

Anzac Day was my first time seeing him live and he was super impressive. Good pace, works his backside off and his disposal has been good this year.

I'm the biggest sucker for mature age recruits, I always want then to succeed. So seeing Johhny Boy do so well is a beautiful thing.

I was lukewarm on Noble but I do like him very much now.

It could be the style of game we play now that brings out his best but he seems to be faster, stronger, and better with his disposal.

He along with IQ are having ripper seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interesting when you think about methods of recruiting and how noble and mihocek was sourced from lower leagues...and then compare that with the success of the irish pathway. I have no idea why we dont try to take more mature players who know what it's like to struggle to get to the afl.

I have no idea why we dont try to take more mature players who know what it's like to struggle to get to the afl
Agree.
They also already have knowledge of the game and the basic skills.

Agree.
They also already have knowledge of the game and the basic skills.

its more than that. they have continued to train and play footy after school and the juniors. You can see them performing against men. They know the disappointment of not making afl lists and yet they continue to pursue their dream.

I could write an essay on this. What is stopping clubs is the arrogance that they can judge a players worth at 18. The silly methods of judging a players character by assessing their parents and all that crap. Why not see the players around a club and doing the training and doing the living as an adult and all the other stuff.

I understand that the best talent is obvious and you dont have to wait until they're 23. However, think of the hit and misses of the 5th rounders and tell me that the recruiting staff are not guessing.

And then you wonder why in the world did it take so long to draft Mihocek. It is just ridiculous. THey throw a list position to a wet nosed teen who can hardly wipe his own arse but its too precious to offer to a guy like Mihocek?

And I know I've said this before but what value are those irish guys? And I wont say anymore about that crap. Let derek have his world tours and his demi god status in ireland....geez

I want the club to win premierships. I'm not interested in it catering to egos.

So lets go back to bagging little johnny noble for actually trying his guts out and improving before our eyes. Who knows if he would stay on the list of a team that is winning premierships. However, I know that there are at least 15 guys on the list who would be out the door before him.

interesting when you think about methods of recruiting and how noble and mihocek was sourced from lower leagues...and then compare that with the success of the irish pathway. I have no idea why we dont try to take more mature players who know what it's like to struggle to get to the afl.

Natural Footballers > Project players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back