Who should be the next chairman?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

phill5158

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
We know how honest he is as an individual. An inquiry HE commissioned as premier found he had misled (aka lied to) parliament; making statements that the former chief magistrate leading the inquiry judged were "misleading and inaccurate" "dishonest" and had "no factual basis"
Reasons like that is why I don't want him

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

footy4ever

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
It’s a Rootchy article so I’m not reading it. Did Chapman actually ask Olson to be Chairman? (As if fcking Rootchy would know anyway)...but if it’s fact, how TF does Chapman get to hand pick?

Hodgy

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2009
Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Red Bull F1
Anyone else prefer Neil Balme for the Chairman?
The chairman’s job is to make sure that the board runs smoothly. Board meetings can get pretty heated and personal so in order for it to run well and to reach consensus on decisions you need a strong chair who preferably has plenty of experience.
im pretty sure Balmy would be out of his depth in that role while Olsen has a lifetime of experience in it.
id love Balmy at the club, but his role needs to be footy related, not steering a board through the maze of policies it needs to address like sponsorship, building projects, Human Resources and the like.
I always found Olsen a bit slimy as a politician, but have an open mind on him in this role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GrommoT

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
The last thing I'd want is a Liberal Party stooge ... BUT ... I have an open mind to someone from whatever background brings with it access to cheque books and politicians.

I just don't think that's a 75 year old Olsen.
Maybe his term would not be much more than 5 years ... maybe worth it if it gets Chappy out?

Captain Morgan

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lots of people here judging a book by his cover. Lied to an enquiry... name one politician who hasn’t.

If however he has an agenda in mind, he is well placed to placate the SANFL aristocracy whilst delivering club reform. He would be a safe pair of hands. But will he be like Eddie? No.

If not Olsen, who IS the right answer ?

TrainRoo32

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVERPOOOL
Would be nice to know how many people here actually know why he resigned? Or is disgraced? Or
How many had to actually google him to know who he actually is?

No one worthwhile or with good judgement would actually want the fu king job, it’s a thankless turd sandwich that doesn’t even pay you for all the bullshit that comes with it.

At least Olsen has a record of somewhat competent public service and won’t be bothered about being popular.

Western Stand Warrior

Hall of Famer
Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Lots of people here judging a book by his cover. Lied to an enquiry... name one politician who hasn’t.

If however he has an agenda in mind, he is well placed to placate the SANFL aristocracy whilst delivering club reform. He would be a safe pair of hands. But will he be like Eddie? No.

If not Olsen, who IS the right answer ?
If you put aside political bias and personal insecurity, Olsen has done well for the SANFL.

He's also club SANFL, not some corporate only.

Whilst not excited by it, it's hardly terrible.

CutAboveTheRest

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
To all the people who have been screaming that the boys club is clearly dead because an external review forced our hand on a few people: I give you exhibit A.

How can any board which takes its responsibility seriously appoint a man who has proven willing to engage in corrupt conduct?

How dare you! Can we please lighten up on the boys club stuff - it's such a crock.

right dogs105 & rabidcrow ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Top Bottom