News John Olsen asked to be AFC chairman

Who should be the next chairman?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute joke

A boy's club appointment and another SANFL stooge.

I would have been all for a Christopher Pyne or someone like that, but John Olsen is so tied to the SANFL establishment that once again we'll find ourselves beholden to them.

Not only that, but let's not overlook the fact that John Olsen had to resign as Premier in disgrace for lying in a Parliamentary Inquiry.

This club really knows no bounds when it comes to poor appointments, this is almost as bad as the club asking Steven Trigg to come back and be Chairman.

Surely as a club we can do better than this clown, honestly as s**t as Chapman is I would rather him stay on.

To all the people who have been screaming that the boys club is clearly dead because an external review forced our hand on a few people: I give you exhibit A.

How can any board which takes its responsibility seriously appoint a man who has proven willing to engage in corrupt conduct?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping he rejects us, not sure we need a former politician as chairman. I mean haven't we dealt with enough lies from Chapman and co in the past only to replace him with a former politican and we all know how honest politicians are.

Hoping he rejects us, not sure we need a former politician as chairman. I mean haven't we dealt with enough lies from Chapman and co in the past only to replace him with a former politican and we all know how honest politicians are.

We know how honest he is as an individual. An inquiry HE commissioned as premier found he had misled (aka lied to) parliament; making statements that the former chief magistrate leading the inquiry judged were "misleading and inaccurate" "dishonest" and had "no factual basis"

Just Curious How many Boys clubs are there, and what is a requirement to classed as a boys club pick.
Reading BF it confusing, Basset is not regarded as Boys Club, would that be the same for Van Berlo or Thomo,
If we get Olsen it Boys club because he has had SANFL ties, Is Adam Kelly Classed as a Boy club due to his involvement with the SANFL,

I don't want Olson because I don't believe he up to the job, and I do not believe its a Boys Club pick. Guess I run in different circles,

Jesus, that's not particularly inspiring.

I'd be curious to hear about his relationships that he'd bring to bear. You'd think he's yesterday's man.

In the immortal words of Mr Creosote - "better get a bucket"

HzhxzvF.gif

Just Curious How many Boys clubs are there, and what is a requirement to classed as a boys club pick.
Reading BF it confusing, Basset is not regarded as Boys Club, would that be the same for Van Berlo or Thomo,
If we get Olsen it Boys club because he has had SANFL ties, Is Adam Kelly Classed as a Boy club due to his involvement with the SANFL,

I don't want Olson because I don't believe he up to the job, and I do not believe its a Boys Club pick. Guess I run in different circles,

Ok I really didn't think I'd have to explain this, but you've forced me to. This is OBVIOUS, but apparently not obvious enough for you.

Here it is: there is not an actual club that we believe all the 'boys' are a part of. The "boys club" comments have become an easy way of conveying that the club hires based on personal connections and mutual back scratching rather than having any sort of merit based procedures in place.

For Chapman those personal and back scratching connections are obviously going to include the SANFL, the ones who installed him and let him get away with his corrupt crap when they owned our license.

For Roo those personal connections and back scratching connections are going to be focused on people he played with.

Seriously, every single person here got that but you; let that sink in for a bit.

The way the article reads - “...he has been asked...” - makes me think this is a bit of a kite-flying exercise to gauge public support for such a move before it is finalised. If the reaction is (too) negative then there’s space for him to ‘graciously decline’ citing other time commitment, etc, etc.

Then lets yell and scream until they get the message.

Back