Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Chapman: ā€œThe greatest legacy you can leave is putting someone in your chair who is better than you. Of this, I am 100 per cent comfortable.ā€

Two things:

1. That's the greatest legacy you can leave? Not a club in a strong position, huge onfield and/or off-field success, a culture that is the envy of every other club... but simply being replaced by someone better?

2. Someone better than you would be almost anyone at this stage.
It is kinda fitting though that he will leave on the back of such a moronic statement.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Geez. Iā€™m a pretty middle of the road voter and have no political ties, but John Olsen was a smarmy grinning prick in his political times.

not Surprised the afl is putting forward this quality of puppet.
Absolute smarmy sleazeball. Never liked him and will inwardly vomit if he leads the club.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lots of people here judging a book by his cover. Lied to an enquiry... name one politician who hasnā€™t.

If however he has an agenda in mind, he is well placed to placate the SANFL aristocracy whilst delivering club reform. He would be a safe pair of hands. But will he be like Eddie? No.

If not Olsen, who IS the right answer ?

Why do we give a s**t about the SANFL?

We don't need his connections there AT ALL.

They should be beholden to us not the other way around.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Lots of people here judging a book by his cover. Lied to an enquiry... name one politician who hasnā€™t.

If however he has an agenda in mind, he is well placed to placate the SANFL aristocracy whilst delivering club reform. He would be a safe pair of hands. But will he be like Eddie? No.

If not Olsen, who IS the right answer ?
Even Pyne would've been a vastly better choice. By my reckoning he is a) not a complete unknown interstate, b) not a proven liar, c) someone with real connections, d) someone proven to get things done.

All I remember from Olsen is negativity. No constructive influence at all. Since Bannon we've really just had a list of horrific duds leading the state.

flashcrow

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#weflyasone
Has someone put together a "Sack Olsen" picture yet? ;)

If this horrible change does actually happen I will switch my avatar over immediately!

my compliments:

SACK OLSEN.png

Back