• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why can't we find another Chairman like Bob Hammond who not only was a great footy administrator but he was highly principled.

Enough of the dodgy Chairmans.
I want to know why none of the current board members can sit at the end if the table and declare the meeting open. In which case, should they really be on the board in the first place?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I want to know why none of the current board members can sit at the end if the table and declare the meeting open. In which case, should they really be on the board in the first place?

I suspect it's largely that they don't want the scrutiny.

As non chairmen they have direct access to the gravy train with none of the scrutiny.

It takes an ego the size of chapmans to be both corrupt AND still want the public attention that goes with the chairman role.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

As non chairmen they have direct access to the gravy train with none of the scrutiny.

It takes an ego the size of chapmans to be both corrupt AND still want the public attention that goes with the chairman role.
Then they are just empty chairs. Seriously what is Kate Ellis doing with her time that she can’t put her hand up to chair?

Was okay to blow tens of millions of dollars on a World Cup bid that sent her all over the world but chairing a few meetings at West Lakes is a bit too much of an ask?

Is that more a reflection of football transitioning from semi professional to a multi billion dollar industry?
No, Hammond was more professional than Chapman will ever be.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

I think Hazel's influence is being lost in this. He and Chappy are a team and no doubt have each other's backs. He's another spud that needs to GTFO.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think Hazel's influence is being lost in this. He and Chappy are a team and no doubt have each other's backs. He's another spud that needs to GTFO.

We have to assume the entire board is comprised of spuds at this point. They're all either directly picked by Chapman or have been there for his entire tenure and allowed him to get away with what he has with no pushback.

There is not a single competent person on our board, period.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Then they are just empty chairs. Seriously what is Kate Ellis doing with her time that she can’t put her hand up to chair?

Was okay to blow tens of millions of dollars on a World Cup bid that sent her all over the world but chairing a few meetings at West Lakes is a bit too much of an ask?

Well partially correct, an empty chair would be a neutral outcome. It would be neither beneficial nor detrimental.

Our entire board is there for the sole purpose of putting their snouts in the trough. They are slowly devouring our club to fatten themselves.

Why do you think they refused to let the external review examine their own performances? Those with nothing to hide don't fear scrutiny.

Back