John 'Sammy' Newman offers to be erased from the history of the Geelong Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam is a breath of fresh air in what if currently a toxic environment of PC virtue signally culture dominated by who can get the most offended.

What happened to “i don’t agree with what you say, but i defend your right to say it”.

Now it’s i don’t agree with what you say, so you are wrong and a bigot and you deserve to lose your job over it.

And the ones who point the fingers the most, are the ones who have skeletons in their closets ie justin truedau, jimmy fallon, sarah silverman etc. Liberal mouthpieces who did blackface in the past. Rules for thee, but not for me.

What happened to “i don’t agree with what you say, but i defend your right to say it”.

Now it’s i don’t agree with what you say, so you are wrong and a bigot and you deserve to lose your job over it.

And the ones who point the fingers the most, are the ones who have skeletons in their closets ie justin truedau, jimmy fallon, sarah silverman etc. Liberal mouthpieces who did blackface in the past. Rules for thee, but not for me.
Gee and you say liberals like to whinge

I would. Great servant of the club. Same when GazSnr goes.
On the field Sam was not that behind Gazza, off the field he has done much for the club. I've never met the bloke, but some people who I know who have talked about his loyalty and generosity.

I cannot condone some of the things he has said, he seems to have become drunk on the lure of the media. He is a complex character. Despite this, he will always have my deepest admiration and respect for what he has done for the club, especially during some of our darkest times. I can only hope he finds peace with whatever is ailing him. He deserves it.

On the field Sam was not that behind Gazza, off the field he has done much for the club. I've never met the bloke, but some people who I know who have talked about his loyalty and generosity.

I cannot condone some of the things he has said, he seems to have become drunk on the lure of the media. He is a complex character. Despite this, he will always have my deepest admiration and respect for what he has done for the club, especially during some of our darkest times. I can only hope he finds peace with whatever is ailing him. He deserves it.
Yeah I've heard that too.

Kids should be taught that having a difference of opinion is actually good for debate because it makes you question your thoughts, if we let people like Strange cat dictate thought we would be in a lot of trouble.
Fair point...not sure how I’m shutting you down but anyway

The poster I replied to however has been whinging non stop for a few pages over the same talking points ..while claiming that the “liberals” love to whinge

pretty ironic really

I agree. But who's shutting you down though?
The noisy ones on social media who attempt to cancel anyone who holds an opinion they disagree with. It's happening alot, to deny it would be ignorant. Key example channel 9 and Newman - what he said was his opinion (which is actually accurate in my view) yet the PC brigade got him removed from his job.

The noisy ones on social media who attempt to cancel anyone who holds an opinion they disagree with. It's happening alot, to deny it would be ignorant. Key example channel 9 and Newman - what he said was his opinion (which is actually accurate in my view) yet the PC brigade got him removed from his job.
Sam and channel 9 agreed to part ways...I’m unsure of how that can be laid down on the “PC Brigade” considering controversy and backlash is nothing new in Sam’s time in the media spotlight .

Sam and channel 9 agreed to part ways...I’m unsure of how that can be laid down on the “PC Brigade” considering controversy and backlash is nothing new in Sam’s time in the media spotlight .
Lol agreed to part ways is a nice way to say your time is up. The guy has reached a point in his life where it is clearer than ever he does not give a * about cancel culture or making money by saying what PC patrol wants him to say. We need more high profile people who have the guts to be as outspoken as he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What shows on 9 was Newman on? What did he get cancelled from?
Eddie's done stuff, even BT but they still had something to offer so did they get fired?
Just don't read social media.
You have the whole Murdoch press, you got Sky News. 3AW. You can get 2GB online.
Really you've got at least 70% of the media going your way. I don't see the problem.
You should enjoy there's at least something going the other way cause you want good debate.

What about the two people who lost their job for asking a guy if he in fact owned the property he was graffiting on? Or all the statues getting destroyed in the name of changing history?

Lol agreed to part ways is a nice way to say your time is up. The guy has reached a point in his life where it is clearer than ever he does not give a fu** about cancel culture or making money by saying what PC patrol wants him to say. We need more high profile people who have the guts to be as outspoken as he is.
And again as I pointed out it isn’t first time Sam’s comment has attracted controversy and backlash ...it’s a bit rich to start blaming the so called PC Brigade considering he hasn’t had a role in TV for quite some time now and he still has his podcast

much ado about nothing

What shows on 9 was Newman on? What did he get cancelled from?
Eddie's done stuff, even BT but they still had something to offer so did they get fired?
Just don't read social media.
You have the whole Murdoch press, you got Sky News.
Really you've got at least 70% of the media going your way. I don't see the problem.
You should enjoy there's at least something going the other way cause you think it's good for debate.
Lol 70% of the media, it's actually the opposite.. it's very very hard to find news these days that isn't PC cancel culture trying to create racial division by showing how offended everyone is.

Lol 70% of the media, it's actually the opposite.. it's very very hard to find news these days that isn't PC cancel culture trying to create racial division by showing how offended everyone is.
I think you just go looking for it , there’s plenty of RW media and shows out there.

I don’t even watch free to air shows or pay much attention to mainstream media anymore

and last time I looked Bolt still had his show and Sky news is still around and Herald sun is still in print

He has his podcast because he was banned from putting his opinions on television. Thankfully these independent outlets still exist because the MSM has joined the wave of offended culture.
He wasn't banned for f**k sake. He's show was just a piece of s**t. I bet even you weren't watching it at the end.
It was making no money. Not viable.

He wasn't banned for f**k sake. He's show was just a piece of sh*t. I bet even you weren't watching it at the end.
It was making no money. Not viable.
This

his contract was terminated because he is not profitable anymore , channel 9 wouldn’t care about the backlash or controversy because Sam has been doing that for the best part of 30 years.

he isn’t a victim

What about the two people who lost their job for asking a guy if he in fact owned the property he was graffiting on? Or all the statues getting destroyed in the name of changing history?
Heaps of people know about that, it's reported everywhere. If you listen to talk back radio everyone is going on about it constantly upset.
Noone is censoring or trying to cancel your views on that.
Rio Tinto also blew up a 40,000 year old site about a week ago. If debate is important.
Noone got cancelled or anything for that either.

This

his contract was terminated because he is not profitable anymore , channel 9 wouldn’t care about the backlash or controversy because Sam has been doing that for the best part of 30 years.

he isn’t a victim
I know. They even tried to keep getting him back and trying to reboot it just to somehow get anyone to watch it.
It was just too crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back