Movie John Wick 3: Parabellum (2019). Starring Keanu Reeves. Opens in cinemas May 16. Check your local guides.

Geez what a fun film, very self aware and all the insane aspects of the first movie dialled up to 11. Show straddles the line of cheese and serious very well.

Cinematography was great, and while i may stand corrected, can't think of more creative fight scenes in film than that.

Felt some action sequences could have shaved a few mins just a tad as to not saturate the movie with action but it was done so well I can't complain.

How insane were the first like 40 mins. Just straight into it.
The crowd I was with were so into it, it was great.

Especially the book fight and the knife/axe fight.

when he walked slowly back and threw the axe into that guys head got a good laugh.

Oh and the Halle Berry sequence with the dogs was great too.

Loved the way NY was lit in the aerial shots too.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
The important thing is the movie sets up a sequel
This is the primary reason I think it may have jumped the shark. Each film has offered something a little different, JW introduces the characters and has a bit of a heart, 2 is the society of assassins and builds on the world, 3 is the high table. If they closed it out here, would have been a great little trilogy. Instead, money wins out (as always).

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don’t think another movie is all about the money. The creative team behind this franchise are smart operators. If they feel they have another story to tell they’re doing it for the fans.

Just watched it last night, 9.5/10. Up until the last 20 or so minutes it was better than the first. But I felt a bit disappointed with the last two major fight scenes a tad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the primary reason I think it may have jumped the shark. Each film has offered something a little different, JW introduces the characters and has a bit of a heart, 2 is the society of assassins and builds on the world, 3 is the high table. If they closed it out here, would have been a great little trilogy. Instead, money wins out (as always).
tenor.gif

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie, but it doesn’t feel complete. It just kinda stops.

Chapter 2 ended on a cliffhanger while still feeling like it had its own complete story. I don’t feel like we need a chapter 4.

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
To me the last two fights were against agile, precision badass ninjas. Personally I think they’d should have ****ed John Wick up, who’s more brute and stamina in combat. Just my personal little nitpick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In John Wick 2, he kills with a pencil.

In John Wick 3, he kills with a book. In a library.

You knew it was going to be good from that moment on.

Nah.

The resolution would have been the cop out - Wick gets betrayed by Winston and a firefight in the end would have been too easy. And it really would have made all the sacrifices he made a complete waste of time: he came back into that world because of the memory of the person he left it for. If he killed Winston, he would have been back in the game as Baba Yaga, but on a leash. Killing who the High Table wanted him to kill.

There’s enough material for a few movies. Going after Winston and the Adjudicator, the High Table itself...and you better believe he’s coming after the Elder and the wedding ring he took from Wick’s severed finger.

Can’t wait.

Back