Movie John Wick 3: Parabellum (2019). Starring Keanu Reeves. Opens in cinemas May 16. Check your local guides.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
I found the fights scenes tiresome and fast forwarded through much of the movie. Everything in between the fights was ridiculous.

3/10

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
This is the primary reason I think it may have jumped the shark. Each film has offered something a little different, JW introduces the characters and has a bit of a heart, 2 is the society of assassins and builds on the world, 3 is the high table. If they closed it out here, would have been a great little trilogy. Instead, money wins out (as always).

Yeah I went in expecting this to be the last one, nice tight trilogy. Should have known better lol

extended violence. I have spoken to many friends who have seen the movie. They said it got boring.

I could see that. Well not 'boring' exactly, for me anyway, but I definitely think they could have shaved 20 mins off the run time and the movie would have been better for it. And I know these movies aren't exactly about the story but gee whiz, this one seemed even thinner that the first 2.

Still, good movie, I'm in for another. Fav kill probably ye olde book neck snap in the library, brutal!

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I am watching the first John Wick movie and I am a bit puzzled.

He loses his car... but then there is a car in his garage again that he puts his bags into and drives off.

Is it the same car or a new one?
They stole his awesome assassin car.... so now he's left with his dead wife's boring suburban

They stole his awesome assassin car.... so now he's left with his dead wife's boring suburban
No he got in a muscle car that looked exactly the same as the car that was stolen, and drove to the special crooks hotel.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
No he got in a muscle car that looked exactly the same as the car that was stolen, and drove to the special crooks hotel.

Got a loaner muscle car from the chop shop guy (John Leguizamo??) he went to see looking for his original car.

I guess we're meant to assume he drove it home and got his stuff before heading in to The Continental.

Got a loaner muscle car from the chop shop guy (John Leguizamo??) he went to see looking for his original car.

I guess we're meant to assume he drove it home and got his stuff before heading in to The Continental.
OK I see. Could have made it look a bit more different to his original :)

Loved the first 2 but dunno, somethng about the latest trailer felt a bit flat for mine. It was solid-ish action I guess but no super brutal or inventive kills, all a bit shooty. They'd wanna be saving some epic moves or set pieces for the movie.
Felt the same
Felt the first two were awesome and this was one just literal over kill

Still good but felt like every scene needed a knife scene

I have to say 3 was close to the best but 1 will always be pretty good.

All 3 movies have been great.
For mine, 1 being the original is just mind blowing. It's like nothing we've seen before, or maybe some have. And all based on a premise of a dog. And I think it rode the theon greyjoy momentum

For mine, 1 being the original is just mind blowing. It's like nothing we've seen before, or maybe some have. And all based on a premise of a dog. And I think it rode the theon greyjoy momentum

It rode the keanu love and being a throwback to 80s and 80s action films of sorts.

Back