Pagan - New GG - Georgie Get Mad (The Scuderia Pagan)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on the Anamoe protest?

I backed it but State of Rest was a better result for my quaddie.

State of Rest shifted over Anamoe, causing him to lose momentum in a race that ended in a margin of a short head. He shifted an entire mown strip, about 2 metres.

Any regular race, that gets upheld.

Not in a major title though.

State of Rest shifted over Anamoe, causing him to lose momentum in a race that ended in a margin of a short head. He shifted an entire mown strip, about 2 metres.

Yep, 100%. Anamoe's run was totally stopped. Anyway, worked out better for me in the quaddie stakes.

Yep, 100%. Anamoe's run was totally stopped. Anyway, worked out better for me in the quaddie stakes.

Anamoe winning would have delivered me 40% of the quaddie in the end.

Fair to say, I wasn’t happy. At least I was up over all.

$100 outlay for $195

$95 I didn’t have this morning
$120 outlay for $51 ‘win’ for me today. Which meant chicken and chips instead of thai for family dinner..

Not a vintage Cox Plate field or card today. MVRC have ruined what was a brilliant racing day by splitting the card over two days. Fields are diluted, less quality etc but more $turnover$ I suppose. That’s all the ‘house’ is after.

Didn't have a dollar on either so not talking through my pocket. Probably the most disgraceful decision I have seen in racing in a long time. Clearly Anamoe's run was taken and it has lost by a millimetre. Disgraceful decision. Protest should have been upheld in 5 minutes. Cannot believe it.

$120 outlay for $51 ‘win’ for me today. Which meant chicken and chips instead of thai for family dinner..

Not a vintage Cox Plate field or card today. MVRC have ruined what was a brilliant racing day by splitting the card over two days. Fields are diluted, less quality etc but more $turnover$ I suppose. That’s all the ‘house’ is after.

a day of mostly favourites

Didn't have a dollar on either so not talking through my pocket. Probably the most disgraceful decision I have seen in racing in a long time. Clearly Anamoe's run was taken and it has lost by a millimetre. Disgraceful decision. Protest should have been upheld in 5 minutes. Cannot believe it.

The stewards didn’t have the balls to overturn the result of such a prestigious race.

That’s all it boils down to.

The fact that Anamoe had passed State of Rest 5m past the winning post, gives even more credence to the fact it would’ve won given a clear run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JOHNNY GET CHECKED OUT

DENIS Pagan‘s Melbourne Cup quest with Victoria Derby winner Johnny Get Angry hinges on the results of a bone scan last week.

Despite working well Johnny Get Angry has struggled at the races, beaten a combined 50 lengths in the Group 1 Turnbull Stakes and Group 3 Geelong Cup.

Pagan will decide whether to press on with Johnny Get Angry upon receipt of the results and depending on how the Cup-qualified stayer works this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back