Pagan - New GG - Georgie Get Mad (The Scuderia Pagan)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can confirm.

Breakfast is a packet Thins, chicken chips and s Pepsi Max
Needs more bacon
giphy.gif

Some good horse folk here - I am surprised that Prebble didn't receive some criticism for his ride on Incentivise. Sat outside front facing the breeze all the way. I said 600 out he had a tough run and I must say still ran a very dogged second. But I thought Prebble should have either gone to the lead earlier and dictated the speed or dropped in behind for a 1000 or so for some cover. I'm not talking through my pocket as I backed the winner but just thought it was an ordinary ride. Am I being harsh?

Some good horse folk here - I am surprised that Prebble didn't receive some criticism for his ride on Incentivise. Sat outside front facing the breeze all the way. I said 600 out he had a tough run and I must say still ran a very dogged second. But I thought Prebble should have either gone to the lead earlier and dictated the speed or dropped in behind for a 1000 or so for some cover. I'm not talking through my pocket as I backed the winner but just thought it was an ordinary ride. Am I being harsh?

speaking with my brother after the cup , we both said the same , prebble was abit cocky , exactly what you said about sitting five wide around the finishing post the first time and sitting on pace the whole way, also when grand promenade came upto to him before the home turn he looked at him and kicked up. in the end the best horse won but reckon prebble could have given him a easier run to be able to finish off better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

speaking with my brother after the cup , we both said the same , prebble was abit cocky , exactly what you said about sitting five wide around the finishing post the first time and sitting on pace the whole way, also when grand promenade came upto to him before the home turn he looked at him and kicked up. in the end the best horse won but reckon prebble could have given him a easier run to be able to finish off better
Just seems to have avoided scrutiny.

Just seems to have avoided scrutiny.
Probably because he was riding to instruction, was coming from gate 16 and wanted to dictate.

Didn't pan out, but wasn't exactly in the category of a slaughter.

JMac rode a totally perfect race, so rightly the focus has been on the winner.

Probably because he was riding to instruction, was coming from gate 16 and wanted to dictate.

Didn't pan out, but wasn't exactly in the category of a slaughter.

JMac rode a totally perfect race, so rightly the focus has been on the winner.
Fair enough - winner was fantastic but I still reckon Prebble’s ride deserved more scrutiny. Given that it didn’t cop any criticism your thoughts are probably right.

The problem is when you draw a wide gate on a short priced Cup fave is that they aren't going to make it easy for you.

Horse jumped fine and started to drift across but there were around 5 horses within 6-7 lengths of the lead that were desperate to keep him out there. Prebble then has to make a quick decision to either drop back and try to slot in somewhere or kick the horse up and sit outside the leader - like he did in the Caulfield Cup.

You could say he could have gone to the lead but as it was they ran 11.5L quicker than standard as it was so he would have had to have gone even faster to lead.

Ultimately the ride was the same as the Caulfield Cup. This time the race shape was against him. And he didn't get the trip.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back