Other Johnny Manziel - Outlaw Bloodlines ©

Remove this Banner Ad

Profootballtalk reports the Browns successfully voided free agent Johnny Manziel's remaining guaranteed money before his release.

It means Manziel is out $2.173 million. Per Mike Florio, no grievance was filed, presumably because the NFLPA knew it didn't have a case. The Browns could void Manziel's remaining guarantees over a plethora of issues, including his suspension and skipping town late last season. If Manziel is to believed, he's been sober since July 1.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

According to the Washington Post, "many" of free agent Johnny Manziel's friends "have no idea whether he'll play football again," or "if he even wants to."

One friend said Manziel "orders the subject change" whenever someone brings up football. "Just a known thing that you don’t really bring up unless he wants to." The same friend said in May "he didn’t think Manziel had any intention of playing again." Another of Manziel's friends said Johnny Football recently resumed working out, hired a personal chef, and "has stuck to his goal" of staying sober since July 1. A statement from Manziel was emailed to the Post. "I’m not saying I’m never drinking again, but for now just mostly being healthy," Manziel wrote. "I’ve got a killer gym in my house and I can spend time working out. I’m interested in doing a lot of different things in my life — including football — but, right now, I’m just exploring options and waiting to see what the future holds."

Source: Washington Post

TMZ Sports reports Johnny Manziel punched a man at a wedding in Hawaii.

Manziel reportedly has a history with the punchee, and the tense relationship "came to a head" the night before the wedding. The fight was broken up quickly, and the police were not called. Manziel reportedly sent a bottle of champagne to the man's room along with a letter of apology. It does not sound like anything will come of this incident, but it is not a great look for a player who has publically claimed he is trying to get his life together.

Source: TMZ Sports

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm backing him to come back
The only way he gets back in the league is if Philip Rivers walks out on the Chargers and then the Chargers only use him to get someone interested in the team.

He sure as hell isnt getting a job for his "QB Skill". Tebow would get a contract before him and at least Tebow doesnt have drug and alcohol problems

The only way he gets back in the league is if Philip Rivers walks out on the Chargers and then the Chargers only use him to get someone interested in the team.

He sure as hell isnt getting a job for his "QB Skill". Tebow would get a contract before him and at least Tebow doesnt have drug and alcohol problems

Really? I rate your football knowledge but I hope you're wrong there.

For me the Steelers game last season showed that he does have a chance in the league, throwing for 350 or so with the receivers and o line provided makes me believe he can do it.

No team stable would touch him for his drug/alcohol problems and his attitude issues.

With how he finished at the Browns and his off field issues the NFL could put him on the exempt list or give him a suspension IIRC he was expected to get a 4 game suspension for something before he was released and cleared wavers which was part of why Jerry Jones didnt pick him up since he was about the only person who thought he was worth 5 seconds of time.

and something about possible domestic violence suspension.

He was always more interested in partying then the team, he flew to Vegas midweek on an off day once to party.

Johnny Manziel has been cleared to sign in the Canadian Football League.

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats, who worked out Manziel in August, own his CFL rights. It's unclear if the sides will now proceed toward a contract, but it seems like that will be the case. The No. 22 overall pick of the 2014 draft, Manziel turned 25 earlier this month.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back