Game Day Join in the chorus, let's lose for one and all - Adelaide vs Kangaroos

Remove this Banner Ad

Why not?..north will only see themselves maybe having to blow it on Thomas... they can get a double hit out of it.. trade it to port for Polec and something a little bit later in the draft to use as points for thomas..

Exactly. We needed to lose today badly. If North are smart they will use this to their advantage to leverage port against us

We proved that when put under the pump we can win a close game. We proved that the players are more interested in a winning culture than tanking for a draft pick. We proved that some of our supporters, support in very different ways.
Winning culture??..

We tripped and fell across the finish line once again showing that we still have a soft underbelly and some players that go completely missing for entire quarters at a time..

If we hadve kicked away in that last quarter and won by 10 goals, instead of getting flogged in the last 5 goals to 2 (really 5 to 1 if you don’t count the consolation goal at the end), then I’d say you’re right there’s something to hang your hat on.. but no... once again this season we took a comfortable lead and nearly turned it into a loss with another quarter of football that we went to sleep in...

Problem is...Right now the coaching staff, management and players are all patting each other on the backs and talking each other up because they won... So nothing will change and the same old has been’s will be picked to play next week instead of blooding some youth.

We achieved sweet FA today.

I think we should expect to bounce back next season. No reason to think otherwise.

I just hate losing and I won't ever desire any team I follow to lose games. It is not fun to watch a team disinterested in winning...and unfortunately, I have far to much experience as a fan with that.

I would like to believe we get back to being a contender--as we should be.

Agree, but there are few rewards year after year with this football club.

Problem is...Right now the coaching staff, management and players are all patting each other on the backs and talking each other up because they won...

Do you really believe that?

I don't personally dont, I'd say Pyke already has his eye on 2016 and would be pissed about not making finals.

I'd say 99% of the club would be to.

For me the issue is how they plan on addressing the year, that i don't have any confidence in.

So Jenny

Please... do tell me what the **** we achieved from that win tonight?

Improved our draft position?... nope, weve put it in jeopardy.. port will probably end up with a pick before us now.

instilled a winning feeling to take into the preseason?... nope, we got flogged in that last quarter.

Just what did we gain?...
We. Won.

Did you see the players get around Betts at the end? We didn't get flogged - North Melbourne came back at us, as they were always going to do, and we managed to hold fast and get the win.

You NEVER compromise a winning culture. Anyone hoping to lose will always be a loser.

Will this win put us ahead of Essendon? No.

Would a loss get us below the Bulldogs, so we'd have an earlier pick? No.

We're in the same spot in the draft. And even if we weren't, the difference between picks 7, 8 and 9 is so minor, it's NEVER worth hoping to be s**t and lose.

Anyone who thinks it would have been better to lose needs to give themselves an uppercut. That's Kreuzer Cup thinking. Draft picks are MEANINGLESS without a winning culture around it.

How many top 10 draft picks actually go on to be legends of the game? How many times have we wasted draft picks on interstate players who go back "home" again after we've blooded them.

We have a well deserved reputation as a feeder club. We need to put a greater weight on local talent, building a championship team rather than trying to draft a team of champions.

Draft picks aren't everything.

Winning is everything.

We. Won.

Did you see the players get around Betts at the end? We didn't get flogged - North Melbourne came back at us, as they were always going to do, and we managed to hold fast and get the win.

You NEVER compromise a winning culture. Anyone hoping to lose will always be a loser.

We're in the same spot in the draft. And even if we weren't, the difference between picks 7, 8 and 9 is so minor, it's NEVER worth hoping to be s**t and lose.

Anyone who thinks it would have been better to lose needs to give themselves an uppercut. That's Kreuzer Cup thinking. Draft picks are MEANINGLESS without a winning culture around it.
Says the man who has nothing to back that up with, this culture you speak of has netted us how many flags in the last 20 years?

I must say I have learned a lot just by reading this blog and other game day blogs.
What I have learned is that this club has a lot of deluded FIGJAMS.
We all know what a FIGJAM is? Don't we? I call them deluded because I believe they, really, really, really believe they know more about running a footy club, how to select draftees and game day players, than most footy clubs. Especially the AFC.
There are a lot of ways they prove their delusion. One of those is the delusion that they know when the club should or shouldn't blood a new player. After all, haven't they been telling us all year, when the club should have played a debutant instead of playing a 'has been'?
I did laugh tonight at one of the reasons given on why we should have played a Himmellberg, a Jarman or even a Davis?
The main reason given for playing these debutants was "so we can get excited about our young group of players and/or see if they are good enough to be kept next year".
FMD. I thought these detractors; Sorry, I meant these couch footy coaches and administrators, knew everything about our players and their capabilities. Now they are affronted because the club will not let them have a look at how good these players are/could be, playing in the big league?

I know that everybody is entitled to be critical of our club and some of the decisions that are made. What gets me is vehemence with which they declare they are correct in each and every one of their criticism. And the fact that they seem to be the same ones all the time.
I guess it takes all kinds and, maybe, these blogs would be of less interest without them.;):D

Which is more important, the choice we make on Draft day? Or which pick will end up being the better player?
John, only a true clairvoyant would know the answer. Not your best question.

On Draft day we have no idea how a pick will turn out, although we hope for the best.
A #8 choice on Draft Day is better than a #10, although time might prove the opposite, or they might well both be duds.
This year, before we just beat NM, I'd have preferred to finish 12th than 10th/9th.

I must say I have learned a lot just by reading this blog and other game day blogs.
We all know what a FIGJAM is? Don't we? I call them deluded because I believe they, really, really, really believe they know more about running a footy club, how to select draftees and game day players, than most footy clubs. Especially the AFC.
There are a lot of ways they prove their delusion. One of those is the delusion that they know when the club should or shouldn't blood a new player. After all, haven't they been telling us all year, when the club should have played a debutant instead of playing a 'has been'?
I did laugh tonight at one of the reasons given on why we should have played a Himmellberg, a Jarman or even a Davis?
The main reason given for playing these debutants was "so we can get excited about our young group of players and/or see if they are good enough to be kept next year".
FMD. I thought these detractors; Sorry, I meant these couch footy coaches and administrators, knew everything about our players and their capabilities. Now they are affronted because the club will not let them have a look at how good these players are/could be, playing in the big league?

I know that everybody is entitled to be critical of our club and some of the decisions that are made. What gets me is vehemence with which they declare they are correct in each and every one of their criticism. And the fact that they seem to be the same ones all the time.
I guess it takes all kinds and, maybe, these blogs would be of less interest without them.;):D

There has to be a place for criticism.

I still maintain our clubs biggest issue is our board is completely unaccountable to the supporters. When you have Rowie and Bicks pretty much agree of that you know there is a problem.

I thought the club had turned it around with the appointment of Walsh and then Pyke (none of this Trigg style search the country but lo and behold the best guy in the country was our assistant coach).

But the appointment of Burton and then Hass stunk and this year and that training camp has been a cluster * up of epic proportions (whatever the reasons and even if only a fraction of what we have heard is true).

Burton and Hass should be sacked, I'm sure they are nice guys and they may go on to have long and successful careers, but they ****ed it up and did it to such a huge level as they did there should be no alternative, but it appears we have the same as with the Tippett debacle, nothing will happen from those media reports.

That is the bit that should get fans pissed, another outrageous decision has 0 impact on the board or its underlings and the fans are the ones copping a lecture that they should suck it up and throw their money at the club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you apply the same view to your politicians, employers and super fund managers?

Seriously, do you?

If you just defer to notional, and transitive, authority that’s fine but be consistent

Agree, but there are few rewards year after year with this football club.

If you get no joy out of following the team, I wouldn't think it worth the investment of time and money.

(Not singling you out here):

Seems to me we have numerous supporters who get very little out of following the team. I find it sad that so many wish for negative things to occur and are so unhappy when success occurs (big or small)

Again--sport is the toy box of life. If it provides no pleasure when your side wins and/or you are actually upset about victory.

Well it might be time to step away for awhile.

The funny thing is those that actually have an opinion that isn’t the same as the clubs. have often proven to be correct, so when the club makes the same rookie errors, yes we are vocal.

Let’s look at Burton and Hass, they ****ed our season and the club has orchestrated a story as to why they should be retained. It’s a rehearsed plan to fool the puppets that they know what they are doing, but really all they are doing is protecting a boys club appointment. The question is are you one of the fooled ones?

If you get no joy out of following the team, I wouldn't think it worth the investment of time and money.

(Not singling you out here):

Seems to me we have numerous supporters who get very little out of following the team. I find it sad that so many wish for negative things to occur and are so unhappy when success occurs (big or small)

Again--sport is the toy box of life. If it provides no pleasure when your side wins and/or you are actually upset about victory.

Well it might be time to step away for awhile.
What big success?

We. Won.

“Will this win put us ahead of essendon”
Do you have trouble reading a ladder?

We are now equal with both north and essendon. So YES this “win” we had last night will put us ahead of not only *in essendon but north as well next week if the saints and essendon both lose..

But dont worry.. when we win a few games next year we can all dance around cheering and fist pumping the sky.. rejoicing the fact that “that North game in 2018 is what done it for us”!..

And as for our “winning culture” is grown from that game yesterday is it?.. what an absolute load of horseshit.. we lost the last quarter by 5 goals to 2 FFS!... If we hadve won by 10 goals, instead of tripping and just falling over the line, you might have a point.

Says the man who has nothing to back that up with, this culture you speak of has netted us how many flags in the last 20 years?
Carlton.
Melbourne.
GCS.
St Kilda.

All clubs who spend time worrying about wins damaging their draft position.

Sydney.
Hawthorn.

Clubs that only focus on winning and let drafting take care of itself.

You have nothing to support your opinion, other than a general black cloud that hangs over your posts.

Our focus should be winning. The draft will take care of itself. And the players drafted will enter a club with real culture.

“Will this win put us ahead of essendon”
Do you have trouble reading a ladder?

We are now equal with both north and essendon. So YES this “win” we had last night will put us ahead of not only ****in essendon but north as well next week if the saints and essendon both lose..

But dont worry.. when we win a few games next year we can all dance around cheering and fist pumping the sky.. rejoicing the fact that “that North game in 2018 is what done it for us”!..

And as for our “winning culture” is grown from that game yesterday is it?.. what an absolute load of horseshit.. we lost the last quarter by 5 goals to 2 FFS!... If we hadve won by 10 goals, instead of tripping and just falling over the line, you might have a point.
What loser dribble.

We play to win. When teams challenge us, we hold firm. North came at us, and we overcame it. We were resilient.

That is the culture of a winning club, and what we should aspire to.

Crying like a bitch because you'd rather lose than win is the type of s**t that is condoned at Carlton, but nowhere else. It is unadulterated garbage.

The moment you start throwing games or cheering to win, you destroy your club's culture for years.

Carlton.
Melbourne.
GCS.
St Kilda.

All clubs who spend time worrying about wins damaging their draft position.

Sydney.
Hawthorn.

Clubs that only focus on winning and let drafting take care of itself.

You have nothing to support your opinion, other than a general black cloud that hangs over your posts.

Our focus should be winning. The draft will take care of itself. And the players drafted will enter a club with real culture.
Collingwood
Hawthorn
Western Bulldogs
Richmond

7/10 flags one from teams who took advantage of losing

There you go again.

I loved those two home finals last year, when we smashed teams I didn't like. The Richmond win this year. The Sydney win. The showdown.

If this just makes you unhappy, do something else.
I follow sport for premierships, it’s the same reason the players play.

I don’t take advice from people who accept mediocrity

Remove this Banner Ad

Back