News Join the Magpie Faithful ...

Where's your interest in Collingwood history at?

• Jaiden Stephenson

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Dane Swan

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Anthony Rocca

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Gavin Brown

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Mark Williams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ray Shaw

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Des Tuddenham

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Murray Wiederman

• Lou Richards

• Phonse Kyne

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
Saw this on the club website ...

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2019-05-18/join-the-magpie-faithful

"If you think Collingwood’s history is important, then why not sign up to be a part of our new special interest group, the Magpie Faithful.

This group is all about celebrating the history and heritage of our beloved footy club. It’s a group for those who bleed black-and-white, and whose interest extends beyond what happens each match day in the current season.

Signing up is free, and easy. Don't worry - you won't be bombarded with information. But you will get access to exclusive events and activities, and some exclusive historically-focused product offerings and special deals."

(click on link to go to club website to read full article, which will provide a link to join)

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2019-05-18/join-the-magpie-faithful

Poll above

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I remember as a kid meeting Bill Proudfoot.

Big strong police man.

But the best part was when he introduced me to a young scally wag named Dick Condon.

Life long friendship.

Great times.

(this post may just be somewhat embellished)

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Our own board has some really excellent posters on our history.

Barrackers, South of the Yarra, 76woodenspoiners and others.

35daicos is to me the go to person for such matters; accuracy and depth of knowledge.

Our board is very privileged.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Our own board has some really excellent posters on our history.

Barrackers, South of the Yarra, 76woodenspoiners and others.

35daicos is to me the go to person for such matters; accuracy and depth of knowledge.

Our board is very privileged.
There was a poster, across the Magpie boards, called Magpie Greg.
His knowledge of the Pies was second to none. With a speciality in John Greening.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
His knowledge of the Pies was second to none. With a speciality in John Greening.
Is he still around?

Gordon Carlyon was the most knowledgeable Collingwood person I’ve ever met and had the privilege to chat away too.
Good man.

Still on BF

You might say that this board has more knowledge of collingwood than the board

Ed is quite well versed in Collingwood history ... but he does tend to be a bit repetitive and retell the same stories time and again.

I can’t imagine the others would be particularly knowledgeable about it. Jack Kennedy probably would have been a board member who knew his club history.

<This is where you opine about Alex Waitlitz’s knowledge about club history>

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
Ed is quite well versed in Collingwood history ... but he does tend to be a bit repetitive and retell the same stories time and again.

I can’t imagine the others would be particularly knowledgeable about it. Jack Kennedy probably would have been a board member who knew his club history.

<This is where you opine about Alex Waitlitz’s knowledge about club history>

prolly more interesting to speculate on alex's knowledge of carlton history...

Back